all posts post new thread

Kettlebell AXE sounds superb but why only 2-3 times a week?

freizl

First Post
I'm currently immersed in the book "Kettlebell AXE," exploring its insights into the three energy systems. The AXE protocol, particularly the A+A approach, appears to be an exceptional training method. It's so effective that I'm considering incorporating it into all my strength and endurance workouts, with occasional exceptions for glycolytic training.

Do you think this approach might be too extreme? (The book mention 2-3 times is enough on AXE session)
I'm curious to hear about your alternative training methods that complement AXE sessions. How do you strike a balance in your workout routine?

Thanks!

Because that’s what Geoff decided on. Geoff being the guy who knows what he’s doing for the past few decades, and whose programs get amazing results when followed as written

Just a guess

I'm currently immersed in the book "Kettlebell AXE," exploring its insights into the three energy systems. The AXE protocol, particularly the A+A approach, appears to be an exceptional training method. It's so effective that I'm considering incorporating it into all my strength and endurance workouts, with occasional exceptions for glycolytic training.

Do you think this approach might be too extreme? (The book mention 2-3 times is enough on AXE session)
I'm curious to hear about your alternative training methods that complement AXE sessions. How do you strike a balance in your workout routine?

Thanks!
If you are using Swings and Jerks, you might be doing 4-5 sessions per week. There is a section in AXE on recommended frequeny and the different opinions of different Soviet researchers.

Thanks!
The way I interpret it, AXE is meant to be one aspect of a balanced training program. There are definite benefits to AXE style training, but strength, LISS and appropriately done glycolytic sessions have different benefits. I think all should be done in a good GPP program.

Back
Top Bottom