all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB John Du Cane on Lebe Starks podcast

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
With 80% of instructors leaving and some quitting altogether, what exactly was left at DD?
Dan John
Andrea DuCane (boy that would’ve been awkward huh?)
Max Shank
Dr Chris Holder

And of course the Kavaldo brothers and Marty Gallagher doing barbell and body weight stuff. Kavaldos stuff especially seems to have taken off.

It is kind of a bummer their Strong Medicine project didn’t take off. While much of the theory turned out to be fiction, it was still a really good idea and an interesting system. You would’ve liked it. Dr Hardy was talking about seed oils and glucose monitoring way before it got its current trendiness.

But if you are curious checkout some of the post Pavel rkc books published. You have the hardstyle kettlebell challenge and master the kettlebell and beast tamer I believe.
I only read hkc. It was basically what you would expect from a Dan John kettlebell book with some awkward editing from DD. I get why he prefers OTP.

No. Al has come out many times saying he is not and also if you read any of AL Kavadlo's bw books his progressions are a lot different.

I have one of Al's books. I forget which one.

And if I was trying to hide my secret identity, of course I'd make the progressions different!

Some people don't think Clark Kent is Superman, either, because the glasses are such a good disguise. ;)

Last edited:
I have one of Al's books. I forget which one.

And if I was trying to hide my secret identity, of course I'd make the progressions different!

Some people don't think Clark Kent is Superman, either, because the glasses are such a good disguise. ;)
Al and Wade's philosophy really do differ a lot. The way I've heard it said is that Paul Wade is older and couldn't perform the exercises anymore to be the model plus he's a felon that doesn't want to be in public.

I just wish that marketing didn't come at the expense of morality. Don't put in exercises or rep ranges that are unattainable. Just be honest.

I only read hkc.
Me too. It contributed to my perception that there's not much original and interesting left in RKC. I'll definitely check these other people and their work, though. I've also read Strong Medicine book and found it quite interesting - for some reason I failed to associate it with DD.

What made you ultimately doubt his existence? The unrealistic exercises?
I think mainly that there were no pictures of him anywhere. There were other things too, like no one seems to be able to do a one arm handstand push-up, but he can, but we’ll never see a video of it.
Also, how inmates came to him because he could get them strong quick...... but in his program, it would take months to just get up to full push-ups.
I dunno.

All the jacked prisoners I’ve seen in documentaries all just seem to be doing good old fashioned dips, chin-ups and push-ups along with burpees for gut wrenching amounts of volume too.

Do they even have a forum anymore? I'm not an instructor, have never had an interest in being certified with either SF or DD. That being said, as an observer and forum participant since 2009,

DD royally screwed up going all in on Convict Conditioning. The place went from a kettlebell haven to all bodyweight, all the time. Absolutely no interest in that. Second, the form police were ridiculous there. Logan Christopher bangs out 300 snatches in 10 minutes. Sure the form wasn't perfect on each. But there were people who couldn't do 100 in 10 minutes never mind 5 criticizing him. How about, "man that guy has the condition of a runaway train." The articles used to be great. I loved the marketing copy personally. Though, the TGU getup video was a little too much.

There are things on SF that I have no interest in. A+A, S+S, Q+D. And there is stuff I love. Geoff's work, the Chinese food for pressing gains. It's great. I do however believe there is a limit on strength. And what is the definition of strong for each individual.

Both are great and give me an avenue to share subjects of common interest. Kettlebells and fitness. No one's right or wrong.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom