Brettzels + downward dog
S&S warm up

OHS:
Interval 1:45
32k 10s x 10r

TGU:
Interval 4:30
32k 5s x 1r

My muscles could do 3 days in a row, but the knees and elbows are slow to acclimate to the 32k. I'm at a 20% calorie deficit, which is aggressive and negatively affects joint recovery.

When I was working into the 24k time standards, I cut out the fasting and ate maintenance calories every day. This let me hit it 21 days in a row. I'll do this again. It's idiot proof, no thinking required. 10x10 swings, 5x1 tgus, and plenty of food - repeat daily. I hit an all time low with my waist measurement two weeks ago, a big milestone number while adding a few pounds of body weight. So I should really be cycling up the calories a little anyways.

Currently I average 2,000 cals/day. Maintenance cals for training 7x a week is 2,800 cals/day. I know from last time that the full 2800 isn't strictly necessary. Averaging 2600 a day with no fasts works wonders.

I somehow thought it was Saturday when I woke up this morning...I went back to sleep and slept right through my work day training time.

Fail.

Will try to get something in this evening.

To my legion of adoring fans,
I lied.
My muscles could do 3 days in a row, but the knees and elbows are slow to acclimate to the 32k.
Hit all sets with 32k Saturday, Sunday, and Today :cool::cool::cool:

Trained 5:30 pm
Creatine day 20

Warm up:
Abbreviated warm up; brettzels and goblet squats.

OHS:
Interval 1:45
32k 10s x 10r

TGU:
Interval 4:30
32k 5s x 1r

This was a high energy training session.
I purchased a chalk ball from amazon. I paid $7.00 for it; best $7 I've ever spent on training. If you have a home gym, this is an essential training tool. It made the grip portion of the exercises trivial. This enabled me to focus more on tracking the knees, keeping a tall spine, gripping the ground with my feet, locked elbow, power breathing, etc.

As a recovering powerlifiter, of course I knew about chalk. However, I'd only ever seen the blocks of chalk that crumble apart with a 10 foot blast radius. From what I could tell using it once, the chalk balls are nearly mess free.

I've attached a photo.

Attachments

• Big White Dry Balls.JPG
    Big White Dry Balls.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 8
Back at it again, a little more than 12 hours later
4th day in a row

Warm up:
Relaxation
'Mobility 1'
Brettzels + downward dog
S&S warm up

Up 5:00, train 7:00
Creatine day 21

THSS:
Interval 1:00
24k 10s x 10r

TGU:
Done in under 15:00
16k 5s x 1r
5 second pause every stage
It's difficult to pause at every stage. When I lock in, there's a lot of energy there and a desire to MOVE! to the next stage.
Also, these 5 second pauses make me sweat like I'm in a sauna.

Quite pleased with this session.

AWESOME MAN! Congrats dude!
I knew you were close because I was following along but I didn't realize you were that close!
whats next SINISTER?!

Up 5:30, train 7:00
Creatine day 24
Usual warm up

THSS:
16k 10s x 10r
10 breaths between

TGU:
1s x 3r
20 breaths, then
1s x 2r

A great volume control session. Felt great after this. Nothing was especially sore after achieving Simple yesterday....but I did go to bed at 8:30 yesterday and slept like the dead :)

I want to play with the idea of stacking as many 32k regular/16k volume control sessions in a row as I can, with Simple standard done once a week.

Up 5:30, train 7:30
Creatine day 25

Warm up:
Relaxation
'Mobility 1'
Brettzels + downward dog
S&S warm up

OHS:
32k 10s x 10r
Interval 1:30 (reduced by 15 seconds)

TGU:
32k 5s x 1r
Interval 4:00 (reduced by 30 seconds)

This was rough. Not so rough my form was compromised or I needed an off-day.
Reducing the training rest periods two days after Simple may not have been optimal :)

I'll take it!

Up 5:30, train 8:00
Creatine day 26
Training day #4

Warm up:
Relaxation
'Mobility 1'
Brettzels + downward dog
S&S warm up

My neck and hips felt weird today, even after warm ups. Not painful, just...weird. So off-day it is!

THSS:
24 x 10s x 10 r
Int 1:00 (EMOM)

TGU:
Shoe x 5s x 1 r

THSS Lessons:
Learned that if I focused on a smooth knee bend in the hinge (holding glute cramp and evading bell longer!), I could set up my hips much stronger. This alleviated the weird hip feeling.
TGU Lessons:
Mr Big-Bad-Simple-Accomplisher dropped the shoe half the time! In my defense, with my super human reflexes I was able to catch it.
Learned that I could do a much better job of keeping the head up (tall spine!), and keeping the working arm closer to my head (in the lats!). This alleviated the weird neck feeling.

I felt great after this! Full of life, full of energy, and recharged.

Up 5:30, train 7:00
Creatine day 27
Training day #5

Warm up:
Relaxation
'Mobility 1'
Brettzels + downward dog
S&S warm up

THSS:
24k x 10s x 10 r
Int 1:00 (EMOM)

TGU:
Extra Precise, extreme focus on shoulder tracking
16k x 5s x 1 r
Int 3:00

THSS Lessons:
I could do a better job on the first few sets of getting back into the hinge. Seems to take me a few sets before I can do this right.
TGU Lessons:
My forearms and elbows are still fatigued from Simple. Yesterday's shoe-get-up session showed me that I incorrectly compensated for my sticky upper back by letting the bell drift out from the body - which put undue stress on the forearms and elbow. Yes Heavy weight is instructive, but so too is the shoe! So now I am more or less pounding through some scar tissue and ROM restrictions that I didn't catch with the 32k. The t-spine mobility moves help. Also, I'm buying a baby 10k bell to run through some of the special wrist/neck rotation moves outlined in The Kalos Sthenos, and some more t-spine mobility moves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom