OHS:
32k x 10s x 10r
Int: 1:45

5:00 rest

TGU:
32k x 5s x 1 r
Int 4:15

Swing Focus:
  • Keeping hips locked longer than comfortable.
  • Keeping the knees 'lined up' forcing my hips back harder and faster.
    • This let me arrest the bell's backward motion with the posterior efficiently.
Getup Focus:
That is, activate the "X" on your back.
Huge success!

• I did all my other stuff (tall lower spine, body lined up, straight leg pushed out with tall toes, kb arm perpendicular, straight leg packed into abs/obliques), and then 'sealed it' with The X.
  • 4 of 5 left arm working reps had zero leg pop.
  • The 5th set on both sides had anti-pop: I was able to dig the heel of the straight leg in. This let me, more or less, roll against it.
    • It was like I was pushing off of a wall. Awesome!
  • This made for a slow roll to elbow, which required more confidence. I acclimated quickly once I calmed my mind and felt all of the powers.

Up 4:45, Train 6:45

Day 5

Warm up: TSM1, Downward Dog, Brettzel, SaS

THS:
24k x 10s x 10r
Int: 1:00

2:30 rest

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1 r
Int 2:30

The low abs/obliques/low back are getting sledgehammered from this new TGU form. It is powerful, but does feel like I am using those muscles for the first time. Okay, it's not new form, but let's just say correct form.

I also worked on getting more hinge action in the TGU on the way up and down. Quite excited to see where my TGU goes in the next few weeks.

Since I didn't hit the 32k, I may need to extend this mini-cycle out to 8 consecutive days.

Up 4:30, train 6:15

Day 6

OHS:
32k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
32k x 5s x 1 r

Swing Focus:
Breathing, breathing, breathing. Also noticed with the GTG gob sq that I want to push the knees out, instead of pushing the hips back to get depth. So I paid attention to that today and noticed I was doing the same thing - pushing the knees out in the bottom hinge instead of tracking them correctly and forcing the hips back. Correcting this felt great.

Get-up Focus:
Taming the leg pop and getting a good hinge up and down. Leg pop was zero, but wow is the pillar sore.

These consecutive training days are kicking the $hit out of me...but also help me learn the moves like never before. When I am this fatigued, any improper form hits hard. And alternating 'heavy-day/light-day' approach works. I'm eating roughly 2900 cals a day, but it seems like I could eat far more.

Up 4:30, train 6:30

Day 8!

OHS:
32k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
32k x 5s x 1 r

Swing Focus:
Breathing + Knee Tracking + Hips Back = Effortless Swings

Get-up Focus:
Activating the X + Power Breathing + Pushing Straight Leg Out Constantly = (Nearly) Effortless Get-ups

Overall:
I was going to fast after lunch today then take day 9 off. However these last two sessions have finally felt like a recharge and form is dialed in. Day 6 my body hit it's stride and began to utilize the incomplete restoration training. I'm curious as to how many days I can stack alternating 24k/32k with 2900 cals per day. Eating 2900 cals every day was burdensome at first, but now my body burns calories like a nuclear reactor. I'm wearing my summer time short sleeve polos to work in 18 degree weather. Waist measurement holding steady.
  • It may seem strange to recommend training without days off when the goal is storing energy, but moderate daily training will keep the muscles’ fuel tanks topped off, while making tissues resistant to microtrauma and almost soreness-proof. It is the ticket to being always ready." Tsatsouline. Kettlebell Simple & Sinister

Up 6:30, train 8:00
Very tired from these last two weeks at work. Yesterday I took the day off, took two hour long naps, and still went to bed @ 9:00pm and slept in this morning. :eek:

Day 9!

Warm up:
TSM1, Downward Dog, Brettzel, SaS
  • Yesterday and today I did an extra Downward Dog and Brettzel.
  • With the Brettzel, the first one I held onto a strap wrapped around the ankle. Second Brettzel, I'm finally able to perform the stretch without the strap. Exciting!
    • There is still slight pressure in the knees, so I won't nix the strap every day just yet.
    • The huge stretch I get out of the hip flexors combined with the relaxing of the t-spine took the Swing/Get-up to the next level!
  • I've cut out the evening GTG gob sqs for now.
THS:
24k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1 r

The THS and the TGU were buttery smooth.

Up 5:00, train 8:00 after long warm up.

Training Day 10!
Creatine day 2

OHS:
24k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
24k x 5s x 1 r

I was planning on a 32k day, but I had a muscle in the right lower abdomen that was spasming since I woke up! My lower abs were locked up tight!!!

I was able to calm it with my usual warm up, plus putting my fingers into my gut, massaging my abdomen muscles and 'spreading' them apart while breathing deeply. I call these Pistol Barrels - it feels like you have a pistol being jammed into your gut. Uncomfortable, but, they work great.

After this, I felt really good so I didn't want to take a light day (THS 24k/TGU 16k) so I got in this nice medium day (OHS 24k/TGU 24k) :cool:

Last edited:
Yesterday I did the GTG gob sq, and then the QL Straddle and 90/90 stretching.
I've been doing either the gob sq or the stretches, but performing both in the same evening was great. The gob sq loosened up the hips which let me delve deeply into the stretches. I only did a few gob sqs before stretching, maybe 2-3 sets.

Today:
Up 5:00, train 7:00

Training Day 11!
Creatine day 3

THS:
24k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1 r

The moves have never felt better!

Today:
Up 5:00, train 7:00

Training Day 12!
Creatine day 4

Warm up: TSM1, Downward Dog x 2, Brettzel x 2

I did not hit any swings and get-ups today. For lack of vocabulary, my spine was tired, as if I was still asleep. I will hit some shoe get-ups and gob squats this evening.

New Training Template:
  • 2500 calories (-15%) + Creatine + Fasting
    • Creatine should maintain my mood while on the calorie deficit
  • Fast after dinner day 7 into 8 (24hr fast)
    • I anticipate this allowing me to train hard on the day after fast
  • 7 days training, 8th day off
Overall goal: lean down to a 32" waist while maintaining ability to hit the 32k every other day.
Edit 3/15
New Overall goal: lean down to a 32" waist is the only goal

Last edited:
Up 4:45, train 6:15

Training Day 1.1
Creatine day 6

THS:
24k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1 r

Swing Focus:
Learned today that when everything is firing correctly, it feels like it shortens the range of motion.

Get-up Focus:
I learned today that I was pushing the abs up on the roll to elbow. Gotta keep them tight to keep the body compact.

I forgot that fasting is great for reducing inflammation. My 'tired spine' feels much better today.

Swing Focus:
Learned today that when everything is firing correctly, it feels like it shortens the range of motion.

This is true. When the body is nice and tight and power is efficiently transferred, the path of the kettlebell will be closer in to the body (and travel in a smaller arc) than with a loosey goosey swing. :)

Reactions: DCM
path of the kettlebell will be closer in to the body (and travel in a smaller arc)
Good to hear! It feels more efficient this way. It caused me to pay extra attention to form - thinking I was doing something wrong at first.
"It can't be this easy and still be right" :)

Back
Top Bottom