Up 5:30 train 7:00

Warm up: The Usual

THS:
24k x 10s x 10r
Int: 1:00

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1r
Int 2:30

Perhaps I should consider alternating a 32k day with a day like today until I can easily get 7 days in a row.
Building into 7 consecutive 32k days might require some new strategy.

The last two evenings I've done GTG goblet squats in the evening after work...I'm onto something there.

Up 5:30 train 7:00

THS:
24k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1r

THS: Focus on tall spine. Evening goblet squats done GTG seemed to have eliminated 99.9% of the hip and ab weirdness.
TGU: Focus on keeping the straight leg more inline with the non-working arm. Kept the toes pointed up, and was able to utilize the glutes more. Also onto something here with the evening goblet squats.

Should be able to play with the 32k tomorrow.

So I figure you decided to skip Solid and go straight to Sinister ;)

That's some great work, reminded me I need to get a 40kg :)

Is there a Solid standard @ 40kg between Simple and Sinister? I've been hunting for information on it since I saw this or some similar reference earlier today.

Up 7:30, Train 10:00

Day 4

OHS:
32k x 10s x 10r
Int: 1:45

5:00 rest

TGU:
32k x 5s x 1 r
Int 4:15

Swing:
Hinge was a tad wobbly, as the evening GTG gob sq has given me more ROM. This is A Good Thing!
Once I got going with the new ROM (arm reaching back more, chest more forward enabling more absorption into hips/glutes), it was awesome sauce.

Get-up:
This is hard to explain, but today's focus was keeping my body - from the top of the abs through the feet - compact and tight. I realized these past few days that I was leaking massive amounts of power through my hips on the roll to elbow. I corrected this by cramping the glute on the straight leg while cramping my lower abs - this allowed me to better utilize the power generated by the bent leg. The roll to elbow was slower this way, but as smooth and tight as Jessica Biel's a#@.

Last edited:
Up 5:15, Train 7:30

Day 5

THS:
24k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1 r

Swing:
Evening time GTG gob sq continues to pay dividends. I am able to keep my left leg much more 'square' in the hip socket. Which makes the knees track better, which makes the foot flatter on the ground, which enables me to root much more strongly, which enables a much stronger arresting of the bell in the hinge.

Get-up:
GTG gob sq helps here too. I am far more aware of when my hips are not quite under neath me, and able to quickly make small adjustments. This smooths out each transition. Focus again on "cramping the glute on the straight leg while cramping my lower abs". Also, I'm able to pack the elbow much the same way I do the shoulder now.

Up 5:15, Train 8:30

Day 6!

OHS:
32k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
32k x 5s x 1 r

Swing Foci:
- Breathing
- Tight Hinge
- Squared hinge
- Legs squared into hips
- Proud chest, like toy soldier

Get-up Foci:
- Squared hips before the roll to elbow
- Glutes/Abs/Lats tight to compact the body
- Rolling under the bell for roll to elbow

Even after 6 continuous day of training, these intervals were casual. But I must remember to keep my eyes on the goal. Every session must be 'consistently moderate'.

Last edited:
Up 5:15, Train 7:30

7 consecutive training days!

THS:
24k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1 r

Swing:
Same focus on chest up/arms reaching back...with added component of smoothing out the knee/hip bend.

Get-up:
Focus on keeping the straight leg square in the hip socket - this lets me engage the glute and helps control the leg pop.

Today:
Fast and planned day off.

Going to play with 7 days on one day off cycle...start a fast the 7th day, and then take the 8th day off. Forcing myself to train every day helped with recovery and general well being.
This 7 day cycle I got two days in with 32k. Next cycle I'll shoot for at least three, then at least four, etc.

Up 4:30, Train 7:00

Day 1 of 7

THS:
24k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
16k x 5s x 1 r

Swing:
Same focus on chest up/arms reaching back...with added component of smoothing out the knee/hip bend.

Get-up:
Focus on keeping the straight leg square in the hip socket - this lets me engage the glute and helps control the leg pop. It also aids in elbow stability on the way back down to the ground.

I felt awesome after this session.

Last edited:
Up 4:30, train 6:45

Day 2

OHS:
32k x 10s x 10r

TGU:
32k x 5s x 1 r

Swing:
- Focus was primarily on breathing and starting with a tight hinge from the very first back swing.
- I noticed today that I could really pop the hips forward and play chicken with the bell for longer.

TGU:
- For the roll to elbow, I got the bent leg outside the body a bit more. Combined with keeping the straight leg square in the hip socket + keeping body compact this made the roll a couple notches smoother.
- For the lunge back, I get much more stability if I first get both hips under me, and then cue myself to keep the forward leg's hip thrust foward, sorta like the top of the swing.

GTG evening goblet squats paying off!

Incomplete restoration training is both the curse and the cure.

Back
Top Bottom