all posts post new thread

What music do you listen to when you train?

I hear that music they put on in the gym. But in reality it's as if she's not there and I don't pay attention. Many people like to train with headphones on their ears, but I even find it unpleasant because it gets in the way. When I train, there is only me /my mind/ and the weight I have to overcome in the corresponding exercise I am performing. You might think I don't like music, but I don't. I even play the guitar, but I'm still not a professional musician, but an amateur. I just don't listen to music when I work out.

If someone would be kind enough, please lookup the earlier forum threads on this and post links to them here.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

I’m probably an odd one but I listen to a lot of country. It keeps me from hyping myself up. Hardy, Cody Johnson, Chris Stapleton and others. When I feel like listening to other stuff it’s usually Five finger Death Punch, Metallica, Trivium, Pantera, Senses Fail, and others. Sometimes I put on classsical too or don’t listen to anything.

I train in my living room, next to my turntable. In the past couple of years, I’ve (re)collected tons of vinyl from my youth:

AC/DC
Accept
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Rainbow
Riot
Thin Lizzy
Etc…

I’m probably an odd one but I listen to a lot of country. It keeps me from hyping myself up. Hardy, Cody Johnson, Chris Stapleton and others. When I feel like listening to other stuff it’s usually Five finger Death Punch, Metallica, Trivium, Pantera, Senses Fail, and others. Sometimes I put on classsical too or don’t listen to anything.
Sounds like we have similar music tastes.

When I'm at the gym, I don't listen to anything. If I'm at home, usually a podcast. Sometimes metal, but it's generally doom metal; not exactly the kind of thing to "pump you up." I've also been known to listen to Radiohead and REM. So I guess it's just based on mood. Last night, I did heavy club while listening to Pat Flynn and Dan John.

Back
Top Bottom