all posts post new thread

Kettlebell “The Powertrain” - Goblet Squat/Swing program from Pavel’s newsletter

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'm subscribed to the newsletter, but can't find the Powertrain details again. Knew I should've taken a screenshot when I first saw it.

I'm subscribed to the newsletter, but can't find the Powertrain details again. Knew I should've taken a screenshot when I first saw it.
I got it in an email, it may still be in your archive or even trash (assuming it’s not cleared less than every 30 days).

It’s a strong endurance protocol, so it’s only available through that courses manual.

There are times when StrongFirst offers training materials exclusively to our newsletter subscribers. We provide a link to a web page in the newsletter and several days later remove the page.

To subscribe to the newsletter, CLICK HERE

-S-

I think this is pretty ridiculous. I have been a Strongfirst member for years and I am a newsletter subscriber. I have most of Pavels books and I have been to the All Terrain Conditioning Seminar. I had this program bookmarked so I could go back to it because I didn’t have time to read it and now it’s gone. The email I have says nothing about it self destructing after so many days. Had I known that I would of printed it (but who does that today).

I think this is pretty ridiculous. I have been a Strongfirst member for years and I am a newsletter subscriber. I have most of Pavels books and I have been to the All Terrain Conditioning Seminar. I had this program bookmarked so I could go back to it because I didn’t have time to read it and now it’s gone. The email I have says nothing about it self destructing after so many days. Had I known that I would of printed it (but who does that today).
I’m in the same boat, other than I haven’t been to the seminar.

@Steve Freides: Maybe there is a way of reposting the content with the same URL?

And to avoid similar dissatisfaction in the future, maybe include a possible expiry date in upcoming mails?

Personally I prefer to keep URLs open, even if they get leaked to reddit or wherever. (Btw, it is not clear for subscribers if that is ok or not.)

Anyway, I am happy with the vast amount of free top quality content (articles) and easily affordable content (books) that StrongFirtst provides. I just would have expected the newsletter content to fall into the former category, more or less.

@Steve Freides To follow-up @Bauer:

And/or at least a statement either way of what happened?

We would all understand if the truth is this: “That draft edition of the newsletter went out prematurely and included information that was not meant to be shared publicly. We apologize for the confusion.”

We really would understand. But right now, we don’t.

Reactions: 5x5
What I wrote a few posts ago is the way the newsletter has always worked, @Sean M. Typically the articles were self-contained and not saved anywhere; either you saved your email or you didn't. The fact that sometimes now there are parts on a web page is different but the net effect is the same.

I will pass along everyone's sentiments on this issue to HQ.

-S-

The fact that sometimes now there are parts on a web page is different but the net effect is the same
Not really. You can just leave the mail in your mail account and come back to it later, saving it passively (you already saved it by receiving it) whereas the web page would require actively saving it within a short time frame (without a heads up). Some people might not even have opened it within the specific time frame.

That being said I have saved it :)

It doesn‘t make any sense. Why not just send the information with the e mail instead of using a URL.

I read it, liked it and wanted to do it in January. No I can‘t read it anymore.

There are things Strongfirst does I just don‘t understand.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom