all posts post new thread

Nutrition 1st week '17

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@elli and @masa- So far so good with day one of the challenge. Upon completion of training I had a non-dairy protien shake (eggs and berries), and a couple hours later I had two cups of red beans and rice with three poached eggs on top. My wife is from New Orleans so I diced celery, carrots and onion and added them to the beans and rice, a little tribute to her area of the country.

I wasn't so hungry today (maybe because of the holidays). I managed to eat some eggs and spinach.

@ShawnM @masa
Small breakfast, veggie juice and big veggie pan with 2 eggs and lot of rice. Bouldering and EMS made me hungry.
Fasting for 16h until breakfast tomorrow.
Day 1 DONE :)

Day 2 DONE
Almost no rice, but 2 fruits.
Breakfast and dinner (soup and peanuts-they are legums).
Less carbs makes me wanting more fat.
Guess, I had less calories today than usual. But no exhausting workout. That will be different tomorrow ;)

More of the same for me today. Tomorrow going with mostly just eggs with spinach. All the carbs from the beans and rice are messing with my stomach.

I'm trying to get stricter following a similar plan, through following Tim Ferriss' Slow Carb Diet...

So for me it's no grains, but one option from the food groups, protein, veggies, legumes.

My staples are eggs topped with salsa, spinach, and lentils with a bit of soy sauce. I don't miss variety and can happily consume this 4-6 times a day for most of the week. Technically I'm supposed to have a full blown cheat day once per week but I'm focussing on getting stricter following the above guidelines first, as I've cheated here and there anyway over the last few days.

Yesterday I ate big omelet stuffed with onions and bell peppers. Big orange for dessert. Today I have to eat more. Workday.

So far a big, non-dairy protein shake and 6 eggs scrambled with spinach salsa. Will probably have a repeat of both meals later on today. I had to drop the rice and beans. I don't consume a ton of carbs and it screwed me all up. I actually gained about five pounds of water weight. Since I dropped them I have dropped a few of the pounds.

I took protein drink today. I haven't consumed rice yet. I'm gonna cook some Mexican chili eggs type of stuff tonight, with beans of course. I think I have lost some weight. Pants feels loose from the waist.

I took protein drink today. I haven't consumed rice yet. I'm gonna cook some Mexican chili eggs type of stuff tonight, with beans of course. I think I have lost some weight. Pants feels loose from the waist.
Sounds good, food and weight.
More rice today, veggie soup, 2 eggs, mushrooms, carrots, lupine flour for protein, dried mango. 2 tbs flaxeed oil.
Tomorrow more fat and less rice again - just light cardio.

So far a big, non-dairy protein shake and 6 eggs scrambled with spinach salsa. Will probably have a repeat of both meals later on today. I had to drop the rice and beans. I don't consume a ton of carbs and it screwed me all up. I actually gained about five pounds of water weight. Since I dropped them I have dropped a few of the pounds.
Interesting how immidiately the body is reacting.

Yeah, surprised me too. I hopped on the scale last night and was up 4.8 pounds. I felt like he'll last night. After skipping the beans and rice I was down three pounds after my training session. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and see how I'm doing. Today I have much more energy and feel much better. @elli, @masa

Yeah, surprised me too. I hopped on the scale last night and was up 4.8 pounds. I felt like he'll last night. After skipping the beans and rice I was down three pounds after my training session. I'll weigh myself tomorrow and see how I'm doing. Today I have much more energy and feel much better. @elli, @masa
Please, post the result!

Keep the beans, skip the rice.

-S-

Challenge!
Jan 2nd to 8th: rice, veggies, eggs (beans if you like)

Disclaimer: I come from the Slow-Carb (Tim Ferriss) and Warrior Diet (Ori Hofmekler) side of nutrition/eating.

A few things concern me about this thread.
  • Where did this challenge come from ? A website, blog post, book, etc. The mix mentioned in the initial and other posts seems a bit strange. (rice, veggies, eggs (beans if you like))
  • Realistically what can you learn or what can be accomplished in any 6 day challenge. In my experiences it takes weeks or longer to understand sometimes seemingly small eating changes.
Not saying this is wrong (we all are different) but it raises questions in my way of approaching this.

Thursday is traditional pea soup day in Finland. And I mean every Thursday. So pea soup it was today. With raw chopped yellow onions and mustard.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom