all posts post new thread

Kettlebell A+A

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Mat Roberts - the spreadsheet that @Bauer posted was exactly the one I use and was going to post so thank you @Bauer , much appreciated.

It’s easy to use for A&A. It was designed for 10 rep swing sets but can easily be used for sets of 5 for the snatch or very heavy 5 rep swings. I just make the number for that day the number of rounds per side as opposed to the total number of rounds. It has worked great so far and I can regulate the volume by just reducing weight or reps if I feel run down. As well, I can increase volume by jumping up to 6 or 7 reps.

Hope this helps you.
Great, then we are on the same page again :)

Have a look at this plan:
training-session-lengths.jpg

From this article:
A Science-Based Plan to Prepare You for the SFG Level I and SFG Level II | StrongFirst

This plan is based on sets of 10 and EMOM.

You could probably follow it with sets of 5 and double the numbers. And follow the talk test rather then a fixed interval.
Lift No Faster Than You Can Talk: An Excerpt from S&S 2.0 | StrongFirst

It was tested with longer repeats of 10 reps but this was found less than ideal. Approaching a 15 sec work period is decidedly not A+A.

Not that this approach is wrong, or even of no value... it is just not A+A. Words have meaning.

@Al Ciampa would you suggest long rest on snatches x5 reps between each arms waving sets 3 days per week maybe using template suggested by bauer but instead of every Emom do every 2min per side instead heavy snatches

@Al Ciampa ok thanks for reply.

Does the template suggested by bauer starting at 10min of snatches instead of swings is ok.

Maybe starting on snatch x5 reps 10min monday first day alternate every min sides.

Looking to prioritize snatch more 2-3 dsys per week and put in other movements like deadlifts? TGU, clean, squat and weighted pull up throughout the week over 6 days of training just finished rite of passage.

Any adavice would be great

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom