all posts post new thread

Kettlebell advice for S&S progression to 48kg

Not for nothing, pretty sure SS manual states to cut your days down to 3-4 once you own timeless simple.
This. Once at Timeless Simple, the S&S v 2.0 says to drop down to 3-4 days per week.

I do a bunch of other activities including jiu jitsu and military PT, so I do MWF. I think MTTF would be awesome if this is the only training you were doing.

I have a similar question to the title thread. I am working up to timeless with 40k. I'll probably stay at timeless 40k for a month or more "solidifying my gains" before I start shopping for the next bell. As a frugal man, I will probably save up for the 48k and skip the 44k for simplicity sake.

While I do not look forward to my first getup with The Beast, I do look forward to how snappy The Bulldog will feel after getting the hang of swinging its big brother.

I had hit the 40k using the traditional 8k jumps. But then again for me leading up to the 32k I was doing 6 days per week of S&S, but then going to the 40k I had to back off to 5 days per week. I was also doing 3 days per week of Judo and 3 days per week of another martial art.

I credit the two things I was waving back then for a reason why I could do 5 days per week working up to 40. First was my hands 2H,1H, Alt, 2H, 1H. Second was varying the HR I would recover to before starting the next set 115/130/120/125.

But that 48 is something else... it's some kind of... "Beast" :p

My experience is if you can do a triple TGU with any given weight then you're ready to move up to the next bell size. (8kg jump)

Back
Top Bottom