all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Aeropress

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Alright you guys are right. I tried the inverted method a few minutes ago and this is an absolutely delicious cup of coffee.

All,

I have been happily using the Aeropress since my post above, but have found my plunger a bit loose lately and ordered 2 spare.

How often have most had to replace the plunger in their Aeropress?

I replace them about once every two years.

My plunger has been loose for over a year but has yet to leak.... I'll keep using it until it fails.

It's a replacement end cap with a valve and metal filter (you can still use a paper filter with it too), so you can brew upright without any dripping, and it's also supposed to increase the pressure.

The metal filter is the only way to go... experiment with and without it... I find the paper filters remove a lot of the oilyness of the coffee which I find makes the brew that much better.

The metal filter is the only way to go... experiment with and without it... I find the paper filters remove a lot of the oilyness of the coffee which I find makes the brew that much better.

I've used both metal and paper filters for drip and Aeropress, and personally prefer paper. Obviously tastes vary and lots of people prefer metal.

There may be some health reasons to use paper. Paper filters out diterpenes (cafestol and kahweol) that may raise LDL blood cholesterol levels. Alan Adler, the inventor of the Aeropress, advocates paper filters for this reason.

If I strongly preferred metal-filtered coffee, drank it regularly, and my blood cholesterol numbers were good, I would probably keep using metal filter and not worry about it. But since I prefer paper anyway, I don't even have to consider it.

I've used both metal and paper filters for drip and Aeropress, and personally prefer paper. Obviously tastes vary and lots of people prefer metal.

There may be some health reasons to use paper. Paper filters out diterpenes (cafestol and kahweol) that may raise LDL blood cholesterol levels. Alan Adler, the inventor of the Aeropress, advocates paper filters for this reason.

If I strongly preferred metal-filtered coffee, drank it regularly, and my blood cholesterol numbers were good, I would probably keep using metal filter and not worry about it. But since I prefer paper anyway, I don't even have to consider it.
Good to know.
I just had my bloodwork done a few weeks ago and I'm good. In fact I think my HDL may have went up 1 or 2 pts.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom