all posts post new thread

All-Terrain Conditioning Course - Wow!

@Anna C and @offwidth - thank you for the commentary.

Being a recreational athlete who pretends to be high level, I have sacrificed my overall strength to focus on a chosen discipline. This is effective for a short time period, but leaves me worse off. My rationale is that I can get after "doing the thing" and then utilize SE protocols to maintain strength while adding specific conditioning for the CP and aerobic systems. Protocol 033 seems like it would be ideal given the demands of MTB disciplines.

There was a participant who mentioned Leadville 100 and other type events but I don't recall who it was or the details.
Given your background as a cyclist, how well do you think ATC would apply to mountain biking disciplines

I remembered who it was that was a MTBer and mentioned Leadville:

Amir Alrubaiy's StrongFirst instructor profile
Amir's IG

He might be a good contact to ask!

His gym is where the event was hosted: Axistence Athletics: Fitness Training, Adventure, Community

Given the name of Pavel's new book, I think he has chosen a good name :)

How will the information from the ATC course be distributed to the masses? Is the knowledge only obtainable by attending the course or by seeking out an instructor who has participated and getting the information second hand? It sounds like something I would be interested in. It would seem silly to have such valuable information not widely available somehow.
Hey Lotto,
Kettlebell AXE is a helpful read as is Q&D. I also have my AdventureFit.us website for folks wanting to train through the process. The ATC course will continue on as long as people attend and SF wants to continue teaching it. I love doing it. Courses are available in person, and live through zoom.

Back
Top Bottom