all posts post new thread

Annoying form breakdown (Squat)

Illegal in any federation.
I'm not sure that's true anymore Steve. I mean, I think if you can't stand upright w. the bar, that should be clearly illegal, but people are (apparently) doing this more and more. I'll start a separate thread about it because I was in the middle of writing something about how-low-can-you-go-low-bar-squats for the zine anyway.

I'm not sure that's true anymore Steve. I mean, I think if you can't stand upright w. the bar, that should be clearly illegal, but people are (apparently) doing this more and more. I'll start a separate thread about it because I was in the middle of writing something about how-low-can-you-go-low-bar-squats for the zine anyway.
From the USPA rule book

The lifter shall assume an upright position with the top of the bar not more than one bar width below the center line of the medial deltoid.

I'm interested to see video that you think violates this rule but I note that I have no clue how one finds the center line of the medial deltoid.

-S-

The WPO has pretty much the same depth rules for squats as the IPF but I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of them passing squats that are a mile high. I don't know if it's the same case for French low bar, but just because it's in a rule book doesn't necessarily mean that judges won't let some things fly that shouldn't.

The IPF wants the bar on the shoulders of the lifter. But it's not always an easy rule to follow. The USPA rule sounds even worse in that sense.

The low bar placement has become something of an issue for some. I'm not sure if it's such a problem. Anyone can improve their mobility and no one has equal bodies anyway.

Then again, I'm fine with the new bench rules by IPF. But that hasn't been picked up by any other fed, has it?

Back
Top Bottom