all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

I made a new mace; thought you would get a kick out of it. Not near as pretty as yours, but it's 37 pounds of fun. Still working on figuring it out. Haven't dislocated anything yet...
Nice Matt!
37 lbs? Holy monkey dude! Be careful with it, Neal can tell you why.

I've had a full sized basketball mace on my radar lately, my heaviest is 30 lbs and I swing it sparingly, that's partially due to my belief that high reps are necessary right now, the 30 lb is the next size down from full. I'm thinking the full size will net around 34-35 lbs, after that I'll do another one with some re-bar pieces in it, bringing the weight up to around 38+ lbs.

My workhorse mace is the 22 lb, that's my anytime, any reps, no warm-up gitter done tool. Now I can swing it for hundreds of reps and not pay much price in recovery, slowly I'll work the 26 lb into the same scenario, then the 30 lb and so on. It'll likely take several years with many thousands of reps. I view it the same as working up in snatch weight.

I have to say, mace is bulletproofing my shoulders like nothing else. Yesterday I noticed an obscure little WTH effect while cleaning the inside of the car windshield, I'm used to stabilizers burning after a time in that scenario, when it didn't happen I was pleasantly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom