all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

The 40k high pull…. Starting to get confident with the 32k, but not the 40k yet!
Ha... It was just an experiment Larry, and a risky one. I felt confident that I wouldn't hurt my LB, though I was concerned about a trap tweak I've been nursing. 28k is a good weight for every day, 32 is good on some days.. played around with the 36 and that was kinda pushing it.. 40k is another level, 1/2 BW for me at 64 is a bit much. Risk vs reward and all that, it's out of my league.

Ha... It was just an experiment Larry, and a risky one. I felt confident that I wouldn't hurt my LB, though I was concerned about a trap tweak I've been nursing. 28k is a good weight for every day, 32 is good on some days.. played around with the 36 and that was kinda pushing it.. 40k is another level, 1/2 BW for me at 64 is a bit much. Risk vs reward and all that, it's out of my league.
Ya, your still a beast! I wish i had a 36. My goal with this cycle is to truly “own” the 32k. I need to start waving in some more swing days with the 40k, but for now the 32k is really starting to pop and float how I want it to. Starting to feel confident about pressing it up in the left side too.

Ya, your still a beast! I wish i had a 36. My goal with this cycle is to truly “own” the 32k. I need to start waving in some more swing days with the 40k, but for now the 32k is really starting to pop and float how I want it to. Starting to feel confident about pressing it up in the left side too.
Thanks bro, have you played with high pulls much? I'm finding them to be very valuable. They're medicine for my shoulder, with snatching I'm fighting inflammation and/or irritation. I'm feeling much more solid coming out of the hole now.
Your strength is coming along nicely (y)

Thanks bro, have you played with high pulls much? I'm finding them to be very valuable. They're medicine for my shoulder, with snatching I'm fighting inflammation and/or irritation. I'm feeling much more solid coming out of the hole now.
Your strength is coming along nicely (y)
I was doing them with the 32 recently to get more comfortable snatching it. Would mostly do a chain of swing, high pull, snatch. Definitely upped my confidence, especially not haveing to snatch it straight out of a dead start. I’ve done high pulls with doubles in some of Geoff's programs. Luckily snatching doesn't bother me so much (yet).

I was doing them with the 32 recently to get more comfortable snatching it. Would mostly do a chain of swing, high pull, snatch. Definitely upped my confidence, especially not haveing to snatch it straight out of a dead start.
Good thought, I did try swing and snatch, it works well.. the format was 3 swing and 2 snatches, or some other combo. I like doing it in the A&A format where recovery has priority over time interval. I'll stick with high pulls for now, it's going well and I feel no urgency to f it up.. haha

Sat

High pull
10 x 5 @28k
10 x 5 @32k (Alternated with 5 rounds mace rear pendulums)

Superset 5 rounds
Hindu pushup x 10
Pullup x 5

OS rocking

Sun AM
4 1/2 mi walk on the mesa, 600 ft gain

Tues
5 miles walk
OS resets, hip and neck mobility, hanging, misc..

Can you do TGU‘s with your shoulder?
I think so, it's been awhile.. should be ok up to 24k I think, might be time to plug some lighter ones in and see what happens. Need more subacromial space, haven't seen my physio for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom