all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Building Leg Strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I also feel most SF has much smaller squat portion than most programs. Now, i hate squatting so i love that! But its a mental debate between Dan John saying the squat is the most important pattern and moderating that with pavel saying not everyone needs to squat heavy. I like pavels answer but suspect I'm biased.

Most 531 templates have significant prowler work or hill sprints. Replacing these with non limit S&S doesn't seem unreasonable.

I've heard from multiple sources that someone with balanced development would be able to deadlift ~120% of their back squat. Obviously a thousand variables could effect that for each individual.

debate between Dan John saying the squat is the most important pattern and moderating that with pavel saying not everyone needs to squat heavy
Actually there is no debate at all. DJ agrees with Pavel. So basically it has to be truth. :)

Actually there is no debate at all. DJ agrees with Pavel. So basically it has to be truth. :)
To add to what you said, IIRC, Dan John says not everyone should squat under load (or heavy) but everyone should squat. I've been doing goblet squats with a 24kg bell and I’m enjoying it.

Pavel in PTTP states...
Call me biased, but the deadlift is THE exercise of choice for anyone. It lends itself to tremendous weights, it teaches you some useful habits for everyday life. Hardcore metal heads usually praise the squat as the numero uno exercise and ‘the measure of a man’ (even if you are a woman). I disagree. The squat is a very technical lift. A beginner needs a few months of instruction by a powerlifter before he can do a decent squat. The deadlift can simply be dropped which makes it a lot more user friendly. And the deadlift works a lot more muscles than the squat because you must hold on to the bar instead of letting it ride on your shoulders. Any way you look at it the deadlift wins hands down!

So I'm assuming both Dan and Pavel favor the deadlift over the squat? I personally do.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom