all posts post new thread

ClayPainter's Training Log

Thurs 27-Jan
ROP - Variety day
Prying goblets squats with the 32kg
6 TGUs - 32 kg (3l&3r).

Weigh-in day:
BW = 255.6 (that's a 4.8 pound loss - feels great but too much and likely a mix of water and fat).

I am meticulously tracking things. It's the only way to create accountability for myself until I create long-term healthy habits.
What I changed this past week:
a) At least 8000 steps a day - that involves creative walking during the office day (e.g., going to the far bathroom instead of the close one), and a little over a 2 mile walk every night.
b) No cheat days this weak. I did drink alcohol one evening, but I kept it reasonable and within target calories.
c) I tracked the estimated calories burned on my Garmin Watch.
I was expecting to lose a little over 2 pounds but almost doubled that. It's likely a mix of fat, water, and muscle...

Next week I am book-keeping again, but I will increase my target calories from 2000 to 2300 (I hope to lose at a 1.5-2 pound per week pace). I was hungry this week, and craved more caffeine than usual. Trying to decrease that a bit and create long term sustainability.

2022-01-28_08-51-56.jpg

**Monday 17 Jan - Timed Simple

32 kg
100 1hsw in 5 minutes (10 every 30 seconds)
rest until minute 6
10 TGU in 10 min (5 r & 5 l)

Notes: Did I own timed simple? No. But I completed it with fairly solid form. I had to really concentrate on slowing my breath down between get ups after the swings. The last set of swings was pretty tough.
It feels good to accomplish the goal.
Congrats on achieving Simple mate, I picked up a 32kg tent today for camping and couldn't imagine swinging that weight with 1 hand, let alone doing a getup with it.

Is there a reason you went with ROP over say The Giant? From the little I know of the Giant, it has the potential to help bring down unwanted body fat.

Congrats on achieving Simple mate, I picked up a 32kg tent today for camping and couldn't imagine swinging that weight with 1 hand, let alone doing a getup with it.

Is there a reason you went with ROP over say The Giant? From the little I know of the Giant, it has the potential to help bring down unwanted body fat.
Thanks, @lais817 .
Good questions and there are a few reasons:
a) I get distracted easily and had been doing S&S for 2-3 months. If I would have transfered to The Giant, it would have been a slow and arduous grind for another bunch of months.
b) I only have up to 32s, and I wasn't chomping at the bit to purchase another kb.
c) While I am 'proud' of achieving simple, I am a big guy so pound-for-pound it really isn't that impressive. I need to reduce weight and with the amount of weight I want to lose, I know I am going to lose muscle. It's hard for me to imagine progressing with a larger KB while losing significant amounts of mass. I guess I would rather get lean, maintain some strength, and then build back up (but that may be misguided).

Thanks, @lais817 .
Good questions and there are a few reasons:
a) I get distracted easily and had been doing S&S for 2-3 months. If I would have transfered to The Giant, it would have been a slow and arduous grind for another bunch of months.
b) I only have up to 32s, and I wasn't chomping at the bit to purchase another kb.
c) While I am 'proud' of achieving simple, I am a big guy so pound-for-pound it really isn't that impressive. I need to reduce weight and with the amount of weight I want to lose, I know I am going to lose muscle. It's hard for me to imagine progressing with a larger KB while losing significant amounts of mass. I guess I would rather get lean, maintain some strength, and then build back up (but that may be misguided).
Fair enough, ROP looks to have a much higher "cardio" element to it with the snatches and swings, so it probably would have been my "largely uneducated" choice as well. Best of luck mate, you've done well so far!

Fair enough, ROP looks to have a much higher "cardio" element to it with the snatches and swings, so it probably would have been my "largely uneducated" choice as well. Best of luck mate, you've done well so far!
I realize now that I completely read your question incorrectly. You were referring to Neupert's program, The Giant. For some reason I read 'the giant' as reference to a heavier KB.

I did purchase Neupert's, Kettlebell Burn Extreme. I am going to complete that this year for sure, but need to schedule it appropriately (kids schedule and travel schedule is a bit chaotic...).

I am sure The Giant is good... I had done ROP back in 2007-2009 ish and enjoyed it. I already own ETK and wanted to revisit a strong program that I enjoy prior to buying something new. Having said that Kettlebell Burn Extreme will be completed in 2022 for sure.

I realize now that I completely read your question incorrectly. You were referring to Neupert's program, The Giant. For some reason I read 'the giant' as reference to a heavier KB.

I did purchase Neupert's, Kettlebell Burn Extreme. I am going to complete that this year for sure, but need to schedule it appropriately (kids schedule and travel schedule is a bit chaotic...).

I am sure The Giant is good... I had done ROP back in 2007-2009 ish and enjoyed it. I already own ETK and wanted to revisit a strong program that I enjoy prior to buying something new. Having said that Kettlebell Burn Extreme will be completed in 2022 for sure.
Ah, fair enough, a bit of context would have helped I guess with the Giant! I haven't looked at any of Neupert's other programs other than Dry fighting weight, but from the little I do know, they all seem solid and no fuss.

Fri 4 Feb

BW = 252.6

ROP moderate
C&P 4x(1,2) 24kg
5min 1hsw (100 total- 10 every 30 seconds) 24kg

Notes: was not ‘feeling it’ today but building consistency requires consistency.
I have been getting 8000+ steps in every single day. Body is responding and losing weight.
Writing this and realizing I was up at 3 am to take my wife to the airport- likely why my body isn’t feeling it. Prioritizing sleep tonight.
Have a good weekend every body.

What is your general warm up regimen with ROP? I liked the goblet squats and get ups on variety day. That is something I consider to use in the future too.

What is your general warm up regimen with ROP? I liked the goblet squats and get ups on variety day. That is something I consider to use in the future too.
I am terrible at warming up, meaning I rarely do it.
I do do some halos and face-the-wall squats every now and again.

I am terrible at warming up, meaning I rarely do it.
I do do some halos and face-the-wall squats every now and again.
Well that sounds great. Minimalist regimen is always good. Those two lifts covers pretty much all bases.

Wed 9 feb

ROP light day
5x1 C&P

Got slammed with a severe cold or strep-throat…
No ballistics
Out of commission for the moment.

thurs - BW = 249.2 lbs 3 lb weight loss.

Getting tested for strep tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom