all posts post new thread

Conor’s Training Log - Fighting Entropic Decay

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Today’s Practice

Timeless S&S
1x5 Prying GSQ 32kg
2x5 GSQ 32kg

1HSW - 16min
8X10 @ 32kg
2X10 @ 40kg

TGU
8X1 @ 32kg
2X1 @ 40kg

Big a#@ Spiders Killed
1X3

Today’s practice:

Victorious I
Week 5 Session B
32kg with 36kg singles
38 reps per side

Low on sleep, definitely a step behind this morning. It was a much harder day than it should have been. I wanted to use the 40kg for the singles but that was not happening this morning. Good clarity to focus the rest of this training cycle on owning that ‘bell

Today’s practice:

Rest Day. Yesterday was rough and tomorrow is a big day in the Victorious cycle, so I’m actually listening to my body and making sure tomorrow goes well. Hopefully it’s just lack of sleep this week that’s dragging me down a bit.

Today's Practice:

Victorious I
Week 5 Session C
32kg
50 reps per side

Glad I rested yesterday, today was still a little rough. Though, weirdly enough, I'm pretty sure the top rung on the last ladder was my best set. So I apparently just needed a dozen or so sets to warm up today. Next week is the peak of the cycle, so I'm hoping I get some good sleep over the weekend and that next week feels better than this one did.

Weekend Practice: Rest and some brush clearing around the property. Needed the recharge.

Today’s practice:
Mobility complex
1X5 GSQ @ 32kg

Victorious I
Week 6 Session A
32 kg
26 reps each side

I felt good this morning and resisted the urge to go too hard or add Pull-Ups in. This week is the peak of the current Victorious training cycle and I’m keeping the focus on that.

Yesterday’s practice:
Rest and a few GtG pull ups (4X2). Focusing on the Press this week and restraining myself otherwise.

Today’s practice
Victorious I
Week 6 Session B
32kg and 36 kg
Total reps 51 (49/2)

Simple, not easy.

Today’s Practice:

Active Recovery

3 rounds:
5xOne-Leg Deadlift 2x20kg
2xPull-Ups

Need to start doing the OLDLs regularly again. Left side in my lower back is still one of my weakest links.

Today’s Practice

Victorious I
Week 6C
32kg
61 total reps each side (2/4/6)X5 + 1

Peak of the current cycle today. Intimidating volume, but it felt pretty mechanical.

Today’s practice:

Active recovery (maybe a little too much on the active…)

4 Circuits
OLDL 2x20kg X 5
Pull-Ups X 3
Dips X 3

Today’s practice:

Victorious I
Week 7A (deload week)
32 kg
18 reps per side

Good day. Next week is supposed to be almost completely off then do a RM test, which I’m not sure about. I’m planning to start Geoff Neupert’s Kettlebell Burn Extreme, and it may be a lot simpler to start it next week rather than wait another week (which would put the last week of the program during a trip to Europe for work). We’ll see how this week goes. Maybe I’ll test Sunday instead of next week and go from there.

Today’s practice:

Victorious I
Week 7A (deload week)
32 kg
18 reps per side

Good day. Next week is supposed to be almost completely off then do a RM test, which I’m not sure about. I’m planning to start Geoff Neupert’s Kettlebell Burn Extreme, and it may be a lot simpler to start it next week rather than wait another week (which would put the last week of the program during a trip to Europe for work). We’ll see how this week goes. Maybe I’ll test Sunday instead of next week and go from there.
Oooooh, I’ve been holding kbbx in my pdfs for a while now. Will be interested to see you run it.

Oooooh, I’ve been holding kbbx in my pdfs for a while now. Will be interested to see you run it.
I just ordered a second 28kg for the heavy days, need to figure out what to do for the light days (probably 20s, but need to do a RM for the double cleans). Assuming that’s here by next week I’ll take some measurements and start it Monday. Which is awkward since I’m traveling Monday and Tuesday - great start :( But I know a gym with access to plenty of KBs, so I just have be on point for food while I’m traveling.

I just ordered a second 28kg for the heavy days, need to figure out what to do for the light days (probably 20s, but need to do a RM for the double cleans). Assuming that’s here by next week I’ll take some measurements and start it Monday. Which is awkward since I’m traveling Monday and Tuesday - great start :( But I know a gym with access to plenty of KBs, so I just have be on point for food while I’m traveling.
Ya…that’s one reason I’ve always been adverse to it is that i love simplicity and this one had a lot of moving parts. I’m just starting some doubles work so i will be keeping it simple for a while and running some kettlebell express programs.

Today's Practice:

3 Rounds:
OLDL 2X20kg X5
Pull-up X3
Dip X4

Finisher: 1500m Rowing ~6:45

Good day, fun week wrapping up from the Victorious programming and getting psyched up for the next four weeks program

Today’s Practice

Victorious I
Week 7B
32 & 36kg
Total reps: 30 (29/1)

Today felt good. Either the rest is catching up or I’m getting over the bug my wife had ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Either way I’ll take it.

Today’s Practice:

3 Rounds:
OLDL 2X20kg X 5
Pull-Ups X 3
Dips X 4

Did some quick testing for starting the Kettlebell Burn Extreme Program.
2X28kg MP - 6 Reps
2X20 C&P - 10 Reps
Had a little in the tank on both of them; but not so much that I want to go up a weight on either.
Looking forward to starting it next week.

Today’s Training:

Victorious I
Wk 7C - Deload week, Heavy Day
32kg
38 reps per side

I love this program. So funny to think of today as a pretty easy day wrapping up the program, then to realize that I did nearly 40 reps today with something that I could only get 1 out of last fall.

I’m supposed to rest and do a RM test next week but my travel schedule is dictating I switch to the next program now or I’m going to be in the Intensity week of KB Burn Extreme while I’m in Europe at the end of May and that sounds like a really bad idea. So I’ll rest for the weekend and then kick it off Monday.

Today’s Practice

KB Burn Express
Week 1 Day 1

2X28kg
(1/2/3) X 3 of:
MP
FSQ

Good first day, though I got up at 4:30 to workout before a work trip, so I’m not quite able to follow the IF recommendation for the day. Had a big meal post workout and then dinner tonight, both consistently with the diet protocol.

Workout felt solid, definitely didn’t push too hard. Supposed to shoot for 7 RPE, maybe undershot there a bit at the beginning and picked up the pace toward the end. Will work on that tomorrow. Definitely leaving room for intensification over the 4 weeks.

Today’s practice:

Went to a gym for day 2 of KB Burn Extreme and they didn’t have open gym in the morning because they had CrossFit style classes going. So my friend and I joined that instead. IIRc, this was the day:

Mobility warmup
Ab work with steel clubs
3 minutes ski erg

2X5 28kg 2HSW
2X5 Jump Squats

Trap bar deadlifts (was low weight high volume, not my favorite, but definitely wasn’t going to life heavy today so I kept it light and worked on form):
2X15 120
1X12 140
1X10 150
1X8 160
1X5 170

3 rounds of what my friend appropriately described as Muscle Beach:
15 - 25 or 35lb barbell curl (man I sucked at these, genuinely never done them before)
8 2X35 Dumbell BP
12 wide grip pull downs (80/100/120)

Had to split at this point to make it to a meeting on time so I disappointingly missed the heavy swings part. But, at an hour into a workout I wasn’t actually going to swing heavy. If worked out since we didn’t plan on a 90 minute class, just 20 minutes of swings and C&P.

All in all I felt good and had fun. I didn’t push anything too hard and kept up okay.

Yesterday’s Practice:
KB Burn Express Day 3

7X3 @ 2x28kg
DMP
DFSQ

Good day, definitely a little sore from the impromptu class the day before. Didn’t push as hard as I would have liked on a heavy day. That’s okay - playing long game.

Today’s Practice:

7X6 @ 2X20kg
DSW
DC&P

Felt great. Treated somewhere between light and medium to make up for the not-so-light Tuesday.

Diet wise, enjoying the diet thus far. Only modifications I’m allowing is to incorporate almond milk and whew protein shakes and plain skyr yogurt as a protein source. Those are staples for me so eliminating them is very tricky without having had a chance to really get good to replace them this week due to traveling. We’ll see how next week goes, have another 3 days where I’ll be gone. The exercise is easier to manage on the road than the diet is, without almost just entirely fasting, which goes too far for repeated days.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom