all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Current thoughts on exercise theory

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'll restate that I think that if someone neglects walking or running entirely they are going to face some problems in their physique. Now, perhaps walking from one place to another for 20 minutes a day total all told might fit the bill provided you're actually training hard in other ways like doing S&S or ROP, but I don't think it's wise to get the idea that it's okay to be a literal couch potato all day except for when you lift weights.
The Cost of Adaptation | StrongFirst

"Do not forget to address your other qualities, such as flexibility and endurance. Two days a week do the S&S regimen. Do some mobility and stretching almost every day. Last but not least, live an active outdoor life — hike, swim, play tennis, etc. In moderation! Running from rim to rim of the Grand Canyon is going to exact an adaptation price from your powerlifting and your health."

"outdoor activities are not negotiable."

-- Pavel

Essentially, the gym is not enough if you don't have an active lifestyle.

Last edited:
I'll restate that I think that if someone neglects walking or running entirely they are going to face some problems in their physique. Now, perhaps walking from one place to another for 20 minutes a day total all told might fit the bill provided you're actually training hard in other ways like doing S&S or ROP, but I don't think it's wise to get the idea that it's okay to be a literal couch potato all day except for when you lift weights.

I don't think anyone is trying to suggest that walking is not a wonderful thing with many benefits.

Bare foot walking on soft grass, in fresh air with nice breeze & significant other is deadset wonderful.
4 cents.

On behalf of pedantic nerds the world over, it would behoove us to refer to this much-maligned literary genre as a graphic novel, thankyouverymuch.

(The last thing the forum needs is anyone feeling compelled to draw sword/roll initiative on us.)
Oh I’m a fan of the “graphic novel”.
Especially ones poetically written.

But don't read and walk - people get hit by cars doing this.
Yeah, you have to watch out for people who are reading and driving. I've actually seen people reading books or newspapers while driving!

That's why the laws here state that pedestrians should walk against the flow of traffic, so you can see when a car is coming at you and move out of the way. (Sorry, that's a sore spot with me. It's surprising how many people either aren't aware of that or don't care.)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom