all posts post new thread

Daily dose - what next?

TimStanley

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi everyone,
New to the strong first community here. I have just finished a second round of Daily Dose Deadlifts. It was awesome. I have a bar and plates at home but nothing else. I really enjoy training every day and want to keep a programme like this going. My question is would it be worth going onto something like S&S or repeat the daily dose? Also would doing DDD for a long period of time, say a year, lead to injury? Thanks and sorry if this has already been answered before!

No real goal but to get stronger with deadlifting to be honest. I’m not a power lifter or training for any particular sport. I really enjoy deadlifting and the minimalist approach to DDD and PttP appeals. I balance my pulls with a press. Current body weight is 85kg and last 1rm was 180kg conventional. Just wanting to keep deadlifting but keeping longevity in mind.

No real goal but to get stronger with deadlifting to be honest. I’m not a power lifter or training for any particular sport. I really enjoy deadlifting and the minimalist approach to DDD and PttP appeals. I balance my pulls with a press. Current body weight is 85kg and last 1rm was 180kg conventional. Just wanting to keep deadlifting but keeping longevity in mind.
Another DDD cycle sounds just like what you need and maybe add a press to a little more balance

Hi everyone,
New to the strong first community here. I have just finished a second round of Daily Dose Deadlifts. It was awesome. I have a bar and plates at home but nothing else. I really enjoy training every day and want to keep a programme like this going. My question is would it be worth going onto something like S&S or repeat the daily dose? Also would doing DDD for a long period of time, say a year, lead to injury? Thanks and sorry if this has already been answered before!
I would start a new cicle of DDD (not necessarily the same variant) combined with DDPressing.

And, after finishing this, I would give DDSquatting and DDPulling a try.

You could probably alternate these two cycles for a loooooooooong time, especially if you use multiple lift variants.

This is my third time using DDD, I'm going thru a modified version right now. I use it to warm up for BuiltStrong BTS3 (no hinge in program) and to warm up before AXE 1 hand swings. I do 4 singles on BuiltStrong days, and 3 singles before AXE (so I don't tire my glutes). Every 8th session I pull the higher % day.

Essentially I pull 28 singles in a two week period, with 4 of those singles being the bumped up percentage. I'm attempting to see if the both DDD and AXE swings are complementary.

Thinking of trying out Vodka and Pickles next.

@Steve Freides sorry not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have just been reading a routine you wrote back in 2006 called 54321. Would this style of programme work but without the peaking? So do the prescribed sets and reps but with a step progression - say increase weight each week then keep repeating?

@Steve Freides sorry not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have just been reading a routine you wrote back in 2006 called 54321. Would this style of programme work but without the peaking? So do the prescribed sets and reps but with a step progression - say increase weight each week then keep repeating?
Funny but I was just thinking about 54321 as I was walking home from the grocery store. I use it regularly and in the manner many people use 5 x 5. E.g., I'll pick a starting weight and go up 5 kg so, e.g., 5 x 75, 4 x 80, 3 x 85, 2 x 90, 1 x 95. But when I bump up the weight on that, the next time I'd use 5 x 80 if I could get it, and then maybe 4 x 85, etc., but whatever I couldn't get I'd just save for the following session (which, in my case, would be the following week since I like this for my weekly heavy day on something). Or if I'm just working back into a lift, then I might do 5 x 75, 4 x 75, 3 x 80 and call it a day and work up gradually to the full 54321 that started with that weight.

I hope the example is helpful. Please ask if I can be of assistance.

-S-

Funny but I was just thinking about 54321 as I was walking home from the grocery store. I use it regularly and in the manner many people use 5 x 5. E.g., I'll pick a starting weight and go up 5 kg so, e.g., 5 x 75, 4 x 80, 3 x 85, 2 x 90, 1 x 95. But when I bump up the weight on that, the next time I'd use 5 x 80 if I could get it, and then maybe 4 x 85, etc., but whatever I couldn't get I'd just save for the following session (which, in my case, would be the following week since I like this for my weekly heavy day on something). Or if I'm just working back into a lift, then I might do 5 x 75, 4 x 75, 3 x 80 and call it a day and work up gradually to the full 54321 that started with that weight.

I hope the example is helpful. Please ask if I can be

I hope the example is helpful. Please ask if I can be of assistance.

-S-
@Steve Freides Thanks Steve this is great! Would it work running it 3 times a week? I like the rep scheme and the short workout time. Here is the original link I found it on. Thanks again! A Power to the People! Style Deadlift Peaking Cycle: A Fitness article

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom