all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Do Kettlebell "People" Wear Long Pants in the Gym?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Shorts all year long. Because I train TGU, I'd wear pants if I had been able to find some rough enough to endure the gym's synthetic field (my knees are an ugly thing to behold)

Target brand joggers if getups are involved.

Though day in day out I wear Jed North bodybuilding shorts. Shorter than the average exercise shorts, so the clothes are never in the way of the movement.

"kettlebell people" wear long pants in the gym, and then wondered why that is
I always thought that it was because kettlebell focused training doesn't build the calf muscle very well.

People try to accentuate their features that they are most proud of. Guys with little calves keep them under wraps.

I always thought that it was because kettlebell focused training doesn't build the calf muscle very well.

People try to accentuate their features that they are most proud of. Guys with little calves keep them under wraps.
It depends on how you focus your training. Joe Daniels is a monster and pretty much uses kettlebells all the time.

It depends on how you focus your training. Joe Daniels is a monster and pretty much uses kettlebells all the time.

I've been doing that goblet squat position calf raise (1:55 in the video) for a long time, but had never seen or heard of anyone else doing it. I usually do it weighted, holding a KB as in a regular goblet squat. Great drill.

Last edited:
Joe Daniels is a legit beast.
I only meant that the average user that just does the standard exercises doesn't get a lot of direct calf work.

Joe Daniels is a legit beast.
I only meant that the average user that just does the standard exercises doesn't get a lot of direct calf work.
Reminds me of something Pavel said in one of his books. He was on a base somewhere working out with one of his Snake Eater friends. They were wearing shorts. After the session they bump into another Snake Eater who asks, " Are those your legs or did you both just ride in on chickens ? " I believe he said warriors don't need big legs.

Reminds me of something Pavel said in one of his books. He was on a base somewhere working out with one of his Snake Eater friends. They were wearing shorts. After the session they bump into another Snake Eater who asks, " Are those your legs or did you both just ride in on chickens ? " I believe he said warriors don't need big legs.
Isn’t that where the “real men ride chickens, we don’t eat them” line came from?

Someone - can’t quite remember who - has an exercise blog called Ride Chickens. Must be the same thing.

-S-

@Don Fairbanks, try a Google on "ridechickens" without a space between the words.

-S-
Without the space made all the difference.
And Steve is the OG at We Ride Chickens !

I workout with both KB abd BB and wear pants and shorts on different days.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom