all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Do Kettlebell "People" Wear Long Pants in the Gym?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Two possible reasons I can think of.

First, civilian marketing fluff to create an association with the kind of rugged, high quality, and/or high tech stuff that special operations soldiers or SWAT team members might rely on, and to create a general association with badassery.

Second, as a catchall term for all the professions and types of duty that might require such clothing and equipment. "Tactical" is just a general shorthand for the whole military/law enforcement/emergency response sphere (and market).
Guessing Alexander was only venting.

I have a room in my finished basement with carpeting. If I do getups, I'll wear long sleeves and sweats to avoid rug burn. Winter I'll wear nylons sweats. Currently, using kettlebells just a pair of shorts, don't need to soak a t-shirt with sweat. Always run on a treadmill at gym in shorts.

I wear nothing but short shorts now lol. I used to be a baggy “basketball shorts” wearer. Now all I train in are 5” shorts. Most of them are the Luka short from a brand called legends. They are super comfy. I have one pair for every day of the week lol. But my wife still hasn’t come around to the short shorts style and tells me not to wear them in public haha

I'll pretty much be wearing REI Sahara zip-off hiking pants in shorts mode. Mind you, I wear the women's petite model ? because they have a little more stretch and are shorter, which I prefer when bike commuting. Recently while car camping I did use knit running pants because it was cool out and I was doing TGUs on a piece of rubber roofing because of the dew and ants. (Geez, all this makes me sound like a colorful character.)

I workout at home, as soon as I get home from work…

Wearing rugged work pants and an athletic polo. Before covid times, I usually worked out at the gym in this same attire.

My clothes don’t change. Business, birthdays, workouts - work pants and polos. ?

@Alexander Halford , I found these "tactical" socks, made me think of your comment on here. Darn tough socks are great though, I have a few pairs that I send back on warranty every now and then to get a new pair for free.

@Alexander Halford , I found these "tactical" socks, made me think of your comment on here. Darn tough socks are great though, I have a few pairs that I send back on warranty every now and then to get a new pair for free.

I'd get a few pairs if they came with built in knife sheath and gun holster, because, you know, I roll like that.

Last edited:
5.11 Apex pants. Started when I trained on my carport, ~10 meters from a harbor leading to the Gulf of Mexico because the gnats are SO bad. Even wear them during the HOT and HUMID Miss’ippi summers. We’ve since moved inland a few miles but I still prefer britches!!

Oh, and +1 on Doug Nepodal being a great guy. He assisted at my 2007 HKC.

Thanks for the good laugh :) I'll try to find tactical underwear and see what it does, and if there's warranty...

On a serious note, it is for years I'm buying a Wrangler outdoor pants from Walmart, 25-30$, went through everything - hiking, run, training, etc., and my go-to-work pants as well. Great quality for the $. Have some, you won't regret it.

On a serious note, it is for years I'm buying a Wrangler outdoor pants from Walmart, 25-30$, went through everything - hiking, run, training, etc., and my go-to-work pants as well. Great quality for the $. Have some, you won't regret it.
Ha! That's what I'm wearing right now, bought a second pair of black ones earlier today too. They are great for about everything. I've trained in them quite a few times, the stretch on them is great.

For work I wear 2 other model of Wrangler's that I get from Walmart also. They are sturdier stretch-cotton cargo pants, less likely to tear.

Preferably shorts, all the time. But for work and other 'more formal' occasions I resort to trousers. But while working out, I prefer shorts, only during winters, I go with joggers !

It’s currently winter in Bangkok, today it was 32*C/90ish*F. This is cool weather here. I wear short shorts all the time, unless it’s formal dining or business, and that includes workouts.

Gi BJJ is something else, and I would 100% Sambo it up if I could get away with wearing the top with shorts.

I'm only a new kettlebeller, but when I work out at home I like to embrace the ancient Greek tradition of working out naked, and in the gym ill usually wear rugby shorts and a t shirt, but if nudity was allowed you know what I'd be wearing ;)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom