all posts post new thread

Dydo's training

I've started the ROP program again and hope I don't have any health problems to finish it normally and get stronger on C&P. I see there is a 5 week option and a 13 week option. I guess the 13 week one is for when you are already stronger and progress is more gradual and slower. Any thoughts on the matter.
Also, I will do the Chin Up after the KB, not after each set. I'm thinking of including Dips as seen in the previous workout. I don't take swings well, but I can do snaches. Overall, I will use the program to get stronger in the C&P. I'm aware that I'm not going to do it exactly by the book, but I want to have some extra pulling and pushing for the Triceps and Chest.

KB20 C&P
5x1
I also did other exercises on machines. Latpulldown and chest press in 3x12. Today is a light lifting day though.

Warm-up for several minutes with KB 8, 12.16 kg - turning, presses, rotation around the body.

Workout:
C&P KB20- 5x(1.2) (Mid Day)
Chin Up V grip-1, 1, 1, 3x2, 2x3;
Dips-2, 3, 3x5, 2x6;
Swing KB16-2x30 in 1 min.;
2 exercises for cuff-in 1x12.

Something always happens and I start from the beginning. I'm on the second week again, and the first three weeks on bright days I will do 5x1, not 3x1, 4x1 and 5x1.
Today:
KB24- C&P 4x1........It was a test, but it took some of my strength.
KB20-C&Push Press 4x(1,2,3)

Last edited:

KB20-C&P 5x(1,2,3)

Because my gym card has expired since yesterday, and according to the plan I mainly had this, I trained at home.

I don't know why this happens to me, but no matter how many times I give KB training a chance, the result is always the same. After each subsequent workout, the pain in the tendons and forearms accumulates more and more. I feel the worst when I wake up in the morning. I train every other day, the volume is not high, my technique is acceptable, but still things do not work out. Every time I told myself that maybe I will adapt to this kind of training, but nothing changes. Still, I've been going to the gym for the past 7 years, I've lifted all kinds of things with barbells, dumbbells, and machines, but I've never been this sore. Obviously KB is not my tool. I'm sorry, but I'm going to leave them. They cause me pain and discomfort.

Sorry to hear. I have had some trouble, most of the time going to heavy too soon. That is ehy I use lighter ones thesecdays, but see you use a 20 kg. Are you foing single or double work? I notice my body reacts better to single work. For me too not every exercise is working. The tgu eg, is absolutely not working for me, giving me troubles in the wist, shoulder and knees. No problems with the snatch. . That is why this stays my main ecercise.

But smart listening to your oen body. You know what works best for you. Good luck.

Whether it will be single or multiple reps, my problem mainly comes from the clean. And maybe putting the KB down. I don't know if my technique is up to par at launch. But even after cleaning with the bar, I still have the same pain if I do it more often. Today I did a full body workout on machines in 2x10-12 for each muscle and I feel really good.

Had thiscalso when cleaning a lot. For me it helped to just clean once and just do the presses. (Also saved some time :) )

Today I gave KB a chance again and decided to try singles to see how I would feel.
KB24 C&P-4x1.
The rest was barbell squats and one exercise each machine workout for back, chest, arms and calf.

Incline BP BB-5x40, 50, 2x60, 1x70, 75, 80, 10x60;
DL BB-5x50, 2x60, 80, 100 (light);
KB24 C&P-6x1.

I shot the last series with some fatigue in my shoulders and back. Next time I'll put KB first in the workout. I know my technique is not good, but I will gradually correct things.

Last edited:
Ouch!

You might want to post that on the main forum and ask for a form check. You didn't hit a good lockout position on either side, it was slightly more pronounced on the left. I suspect that you have shoulder mobility issues, which will always leave your elbow and forearms in pain until you fix it. So deadhangs, get ups, and arm bars.

Also, I can see that that is a gym, so you don't own the floor or the kettlebell, but why do you put it down like you are trying to break something? A backswing and setting the bell down gently can save your lower back from unnecessary mishaps. "Safety is no accident."

Ouch!

You might want to post that on the main forum and ask for a form check. You didn't hit a good lockout position on either side, it was slightly more pronounced on the left. I suspect that you have shoulder mobility issues, which will always leave your elbow and forearms in pain until you fix it. So deadhangs, get ups, and arm bars.

Also, I can see that that is a gym, so you don't own the floor or the kettlebell, but why do you put it down like you are trying to break something? A backswing and setting the bell down gently can save your lower back from unnecessary mishaps. "Safety is no accident."
I just now see that you have written and thanks for the advice.
My technique is bad, I know that. But I was still tired because before that I was doing an incline bench, and I was shooting the last sets with KB. I drop her sharply on the floor because I wanted to save the tension in my hands. Every time the same thing happens, which is pain in some parts around the elbow and forearms.

Since I hadn't detailed the last workouts, I'll say that I've been alternating KBs and barbells as well as machine exercises. I did two 8x1 on C&J with KB 24 because the first time was before I went on vacation with my family. The previous two workouts I did 5x5 SQ and BP. One exercise per workout according to the Faleev method :)

Today I made an attempt to push the KB32 over the head. I know the format is ugly, but I did my best. However, this was the first time with this weight.

I ended up starting the ROP all over again, but switched to a heavier KB. I used to run it with KB 20, but yesterday I did it with KB24. I do a strict press with the KB28, and the KB24 will max out around 5 or 6 reps with bad form at the most. Yes, KB24 is a bit heavy for me, but KB20 is light for me. We don't have KB22 in the gym. And I prefer it to be more difficult for me. However, I'm thinking of replacing the strict press with a push press /even with less lift from the legs/, as I like it better and feel more stressed in the rest of the body as well. My right shoulder was a little sore, but I completed the workout. The problems come from the push machines, and I've found that I shouldn't be doing push on machines.
I was also very hesitant to start the Giant, but I realize that density training is not my forte. And I try not to raise my heart rate too much. Maybe further, but it's still a long way off as I've planned to ROP up to the heaviest KB the gym has, which is 36kg. Only then, perhaps and due to the lack of a heavier KB, if everything goes well, I can switch to a program with more repetitions and a higher density.
Well, yesterday I performed 3x1,2,3 with KB 24. I also did 3x3 chins with a parallel V grip. I have planned the training sessions to be on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. And they go hard day-light day-medium day. That way, I'll have two days off before the hard day. I'm debating whether to include barbell squats and a treadmill on Monday and Wednesday, with nothing else. The program will be in the 9 week version that was discussed in some of the forum threads. Of course, I say all this on the condition that I don't have any damage to my joints and tendons and I can continue my training without a problem.
I don't know how many people read the log section, but I decided to be more detailed anyway:)

Clean and Press with KB24-3x1 (light day);

KB20 and KB24 snaches and power snaches with KB24.

I'm uploading video clips........I know my technique sucks, but I'm also a total newbie at this stuff. I lift trapezius, shoulders and biceps, no hip lift. Or insignificant. I don't know why the left arm is still not outstretched. I will start doing it by putting thought into it. But you need more practice.

KB24 C&P-3x(1,2) - an average day
KB20-C&P-3x5 left - right with a minute rest.
Incline BP-1x12x50 (the shoulder was not ok, so I stopped)
And on progression machines:
Latpuldown-2x15 reps;
Triceps-2x15 reps;
Biceps-2x15 reps;
Leg press unilateral-2x15 reps per leg;
Seated machine calf raise-2x20 reps.

I shouldn't have tried 3x5 wiht KB20, but it is based on the Giant scheme, which was interesting to me and I was wondering between the two programs at the beginning. So I decided to try a few rounds.

KB24 C&P-3x(1,2) - an average day
KB20-C&P-3x5 left - right with a minute rest.
Incline BP-1x12x50 (the shoulder was not ok, so I stopped)
And on progression machines:
Latpuldown-2x15 reps;
Triceps-2x15 reps;
Biceps-2x15 reps;
Leg press unilateral-2x15 reps per leg;
Seated machine calf raise-2x20 reps.

I shouldn't have tried 3x5 wiht KB20, but it is based on the Giant scheme, which was interesting to me and I was wondering between the two programs at the beginning. So I decided to try a few rounds.
What is the reason you should not have tried the 3x5 kb20 press?

I like the combination of heavier and lighter work. Although not using much lately.

What is the reason you should not have tried the 3x5 kb20 press?

I like the combination of heavier and lighter work. Although not using much lately.
I don't understand what you mean, because I wrote that I made it 3x5 with KB20. Maybe you mean 3x5 with KB24 or?
Basically I started the ROP, but gave a few rounds with the KB20 for the Giant a chance. To see how I would feel. KB20 I clean and press it for about 11-12 repetitions with one hand, but KB24 will be difficult for me for the Giant. I'm wondering if I should do a push press instead of a press. I like it more, and the ultimate goal is to lift a heavier KB overhead. It doesn't matter to me which way with press or push press. The program will still work, you just won't push as hard on the press if you're doing a push press.

Back
Top Bottom