all posts post new thread

Dydo's training

I shouldn't have tried 3x5 wiht KB20, but it is based on the Giant scheme, which was interesting to me and I was wondering between the two programs at the beginning. So I decided to try a few rounds.
This is what I read, so that was why I wondered

I don't understand what you mean, because I wrote that I made it 3x5 with KB20. Maybe you mean 3x5 with KB24 or?
Basically I started the ROP, but gave a few rounds with the KB20 for the Giant a chance. To see how I would feel. KB20 I clean and press it for about 11-12 repetitions with one hand, but KB24 will be difficult for me for the Giant. I'm wondering if I should do a push press instead of a press. I like it more, and the ultimate goal is to lift a heavier KB overhead. It doesn't matter to me which way with press or push press. The program will still work, you just won't push as hard on the press if you're doing a push press.
Also a bit similar to my last kb workout, only I ended with 24 Kg rop. But I should have stopped at 3 rounds snd build from there, but stupid me wanted to do 5 rounds

Doesn't matter. English is also not my native language and besides still better than my eternal typing errors due to typing on a phone. Thanks for your clarification

I didn't drive her as planned. My right shoulder hurt for vertical presses for 4 ladders at 1,2,3 with KB weight for 5-6RM. Apart from other strains in the hands. I thought that with a horizontal bench press it would be better, but even with just the empty bar it was not good. I put on 30kg......no it wasn't going to work. I decided to try the incline bench press and with about 15 cm of stopping before the chest I got something without pain.

So:
Incline bench press-12x30, 12x40, 20x50, 12x60;
BB Row -15x40, 15x60, 15x70;
Shoulder press with dumbbells (with start and drop at the level of the ears)-1x15x(2x17.5);
Dumbbell curl -1x (2x10);
Curl EZ bar-1x20x20;
Pushdown with a rope-10x32, 17x36;
Leg press horizontal with tiles-20x45, 20x72, 25x99;
Straight calf machine raise (empty station without weight)-1x35.

In total, I finished in about 35 minutes, which includes the tests of the horizontal bench press. No failures, with fast concentrics and eccentrics. Except for the leg press, everywhere with about 0.5 sec. concentric and 1 sec. an eccentric. No pauses up and down and locks on the incline bench press and dumbbell press.

Clean and Press with KB20-4x1,2,3
Snatch with KB12-1x10 on each hand and without leaving the floor. In the same way with KB16-4x5.
I have had a little pain in one shoulder for a while now and stopped the KB24 program. Since KB20 is a bit easy for me (I can clean and press for about 11-12 reps) I decided to do ROP in Jurassic version. I will try to rest less between steps and stairs.

Again C&P with KB20-4x1,2,3

C&P with KB20-5x1,2,3

I've only listed the KB exercises, but in both workouts I also did other isolation work for the arms, back and legs.

I can't train well when something hurts. It lacks pleasure and is risky. I will stop for a while the exercises that involve pushing and perceptible movement of the shoulder joint. Maybe I'll do bodybuilding style exercises for back, legs and arms. Only ones that I don't have shoulder pain with.

Not nice if something hurts. I feel it currently in my left shoulder since the pullups of over a week ago. I just go lighter or do dome more mace work, ypu see lately at my posts

I haven't posted in almost two months, but I haven't stopped going to the Gym. My last workouts were with KB. On Thursday I did A+A with KB20, 1C+1Push press for 30 min. Today I did C+Push press with single KB20 1x5 on each arm with a rest of about a minute and sometimes more between changing arms. In total in 19.45 min. I did 7x1x5 for each hand.
I squat all day for 5 reps. 25 sets so far.
I have a desire to return to KB and I think it will work out. My shoulder is almost back. There is still a slight pain but it is decreasing.

Bench press-10x20, 30, 5x50, 60, 3x70, 3x3x80;
Squat HB-5x20, 30, 40, 3x50, 60, 3x3x70;
Barbell row-8x60,70, 6x80, 3x90, 8,7,6x80;
Shoulder rotations-1x15.

There is still discomfort in the right shoulder, but what to do. I'm paying attention.
I finally went back to the barbell. KBs are not my passion. I have tried many times, but my eyes are always on the bar. And frequently lifting with the KB causes my arms to hurt more than normal.

Incline BP-15x20, 10x30, 8x40, 2x12x50;
Vertical pull on tile machine-15x45, 10x63, 5x77, 2x12x81;
Scott machine bicep curl-15x27;
Drag machine curl-2x12x32;
Hack squat on a machine with disks (I also include the weight of the station)-15x57.6, 12x77.6, 2x12x97.6;
Raise for calf straight machine with discs (I also include the weight station)-15x45.4, 2x15x60.4;
Treadmill-20 min., program with alternating speed 2.4-5, 5.6, several at 6.

I left home with the goal of barbell squatting, I've been thinking all day how I'm going to squat low reps, and as it often happens it was busy with lots of people waiting. And the bench press was so so, and the deadlift platform and it. I practiced as much as I could. In most gyms that I go to because they are convenient for me, it is practically impossible to follow a strict program by days. And not only. A lot of times the machines and squat racks are free, but if you have like a squat day, a bench press day, etc. it is very possible to miss the workout or extend the time until it is your turn. Fortunately, the two incline benches are almost always empty and I can still do the chest exercise I like.
Otherwise, I don't have so many problems with my shoulder anymore. I have a bit of discomfort with a wider grip and dropping the bar to the chest, but this has generally been in the front of both shoulders before, not the sore area in the right shoulder, which feels like it's inside the center of the shoulder. not in its front.

How is your training going?
Hi, I'm sorry I haven't replied to you in so long, but I haven't logged into my diary at all. I haven't stopped going to the gym, but I don't describe my workouts. I haven't followed any written programs, but in my recent workouts I decided to limit the number of exercises.

Yesterday, for example, I trained as follows:

BP-5x2x82.5
DL-5x2x100
Treadmill-20 min.

My mobility is terrible. This is my maximum in which I try to touch my fingers. For comparison, I am putting a photo of my wife.

Attachments

• IMG_20240305_223529585~2.jpg
    IMG_20240305_223529585~2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240305_223538008~2.jpg
    IMG_20240305_223538008~2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240305_223554088~2.jpg
    IMG_20240305_223554088~2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 5
Yesterday evening, for the first time in my life, I tried to do TGU. Of course I didn't hold anything in my hand, I just tried to keep it straight up. The result is the following: If we assume that a perfectly performed TGU gets 100 points, I rate my performance somewhere around 4-5. A pitiful performance that would be regrettable if someone could videotape me and then watch.
I have a feeling that when I train in a bodybuilding style in general (because I've been training like that for 90% of the last years) this stuff stiffens my body. I feel good, I'm energetic, but when I have to do something like TGU it's a disaster and a laugh. Interestingly, I don't seem to have the expected strength in my support arm, despite all the shoulder presses, bench presses, and triceps isolation work. A while back I was doing push ups and at this body weight I could do about 30-35. Now they are quite difficult for me despite regularly training the bench press.
Maybe I should change my strategy because such a terrible lack of mobility could lead to problems in the future when I get even older. Bodybuilding-style muscle training obviously won't help. It might even make the problem worse if I don't do something else to that end.

C&P KB20-3x1,2,3

C&P KB20-4x1,2,3
SN KB16 10L+10R, KB20-5L+5R
I purposely didn't do anything else but just a few snatches to see how my hands would be and to be sure if I was getting a bad KB hit or not.
In the end I decided to do a Jurassic version. Let's see what happens.
I was shooting a video. On the last ladder of the last repetition with the left hand, something did not go well for me. Otherwise, this is roughly my form of performance, without putting thought into it, just by feel. If I put more thought into it, it will probably be even better.

C&P KB20-5x1,2,3

I spent today's training at home.
I did some KB squats after the workout, and before that I did 1-2 sets of push-ups and rows.

I closed the first week of the program. If everything is fine with my hands, I proceed according to plan. At least 11 more weeks to go:)

Back
Top Bottom