all posts post new thread

Fasting

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lizchangus

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi, have you ever tried prolonged fasting, 72 hour for instance?
So I have been continuing eating for 3 days and 4 times, all binge eatings. I feel hot and bloated. I have not been walking for a while because I feel lazy. I need to do extended water fasting and resume walking probably in the evening hours as the sun will goes down. Today is day 1 of my water fasting. I am determined to be strong and go through it!

Day 2 of extended fasting. I took a long walk last night. I more and more find that walking does not do much on body therefore on weight loss, but I am still doing it for mental clearity. I does not weigh myself now because after I know the weighing, I either get discouraged or satisfied and start to binge eating. I don't know why I woke up late today. I was not very tired last night after walking. I feel good when my stomach is rumbling, instead of bloating after each binge eating. Tonight I will have another long walk. And I will stay strong and prepare for the future to come.

Day 3 of extended fasting. I took a long walk last night. I weighed myself and was a little frustrated, but I did not cave in. I cannot fall into sleep last night, maybe because I had drunk coffee yesterday morning. It has been long time since the last time I drank coffee. I am fasting for spiritual reason and weight issue. I can feel a little euphoria at this early morning. That is a good thing. I will be strong and go through this fasting and there are so much that I want to do.

Yesterday I broke my fast and ate a large meal at night. I feel very bloated and thinking about ways to get those things I ate out of my system. I did went for a long walk last night. Today is day 1 of my extended water fasting. I am determined to be strong and go through it.

Yesterday I broke my fast and ate a large meal at night. I feel very bloated and thinking about ways to get those things I ate out of my system. I did went for a long walk last night. Today is day 1 of my extended water fasting. I am determined to be strong and go through it.
I fast from time to time. I will break a fast with bone broth, or a very light soup, maybe some apple sauce.

I fast from time to time. I will break a fast with bone broth, or a very light soup, maybe some apple sauce.
This is the way that it should be done to end a fast.

If you find yourself fasting and binging repeatedly it might be prudent to take a step back and re-align your strategy and goals.

From my personal experience, if you have a problem with binge eating, fasting isn't right for you at this time. It might be right after you've learned to control your binge eating, just not right now. Extended fasting will not make you lose that much weight in one go, even IF won't do that. It works when it becomes a habit, as with all eating plans.

If you want to lose weight, Either low card or low fat, both with a good amount of protein and a lot of veggies should work. Make sure you stop eating before full and eat slowly, chew your food. Include some legumes now and then for fiber which should help with satiety and fullness.

Drink water and coffee or tea only until you reach your desired weight.

Find a way to enjoy eating without guilt and with the results you want. You might need to try different eating plans to find one that suits you and leads you effortlessly to your goals.

Yesterday I broke the fast again with some cheese, crackers, vegetable and fruit. So today is day 1 of my extended water fasting again. I will be strong and go through it.

End of day 1 of extended water fasting. I have so many starting of day 1 that I am so embarrassed to post that again. Yes I had 4 consecutive days of eating, 3 of them large meals ending yesterday. I have not taken the walk these several days. It is always not easy to resume after stop walking. It is so true that it only takes 5 minutes self talk to fight off the urge to eat. It is the mindset and reprogramming.

Last edited:
End of day 1 of extended water fasting. I have so many starting of day 1 that I am so embarrassed to post that again. Yes I had 4 consecutive days of eating, 3 of them large meals ending yesterday. I have not taken the walk these several days. It is always not easy to resume after stop walking. It is so true that it only takes 5 minutes self talk to fight off the urge to eat. It is the mindset and reprogramming.
View each day of fasting as a victory, and not every meal as a failure. Keep at it, it will get easier.

End of day 2 of extended water fasting. I feel my energy level was somewhat low when I got up from bed this morning. I still did not go for a walk today. My toothache which has been persistent for about 1 week is gone. I have been procrastinating getting things done for so long that frightens me.

End of day 3 of extended water fasting. I have better energy than yesterday. I still need to get back to my routine of walking. I still need to do the thing I am supposed to do and no more procrastination. I would very much like to have feedback from other forum members.

Day 1 of fasting. I caved and had a large meal yesterday at midnight. So I was back to day 1 again. Today I almost broke my fast several times, but after some struggling, I stayed on track. I think about have a shorter walk than before.

Day 1 of fasting. I caved and had a large meal yesterday at midnight.
View each day of fasting as a victory,
Benjamine Recommendation

Along the line of his recommendation is one that I like from...

Brad Pilon, MS Nutrition

Pilon is one of the leaders in Intermittenting Reserch.

Pilon's reseach demonstrated the effects of Intermittent Fasting are achieved after a 12 hour or longer Fast.

Thus, Pilon consider any Fast of 12 hour or longer a victory.

As per Pilon, if you are really hugry after 12 hour, then eat.

Don't make yourself or drive other crazy in puting youself to where you are really unfortable and don't feel good.

Dr Mike T. Nelson Recommendation

Nelson is also one the leading researcher on Intermittent Fasting.

For individual who find it hard, Nelson recommend slowly extending your Intermittent Fasting time another hour.

That mean if you started your fast one evening and have breakfast at 7 am. push it back to 8 am. Once that feel alright, pust it to 9 am.

As someone in Football once said, "By the yard, it is hard. By the inch, it is a cinch"; slow but sure wins the race.

Keep at it, it will get easier.

Exactly.

Make sure you talk positively to yourself about yourself. Negative thoughts breed negative actions. View the positive side of your fasting and walking. If you walked, then good, don't worry if it's not longer than last time. Practice forgiveness towards yourself and others, practice gratefulness for what you have and what you have accomplished. Do this everyday and you will certainly get better and feel better about your actions and yourself.

Have a good weekend.

Day 1 in. Again I broke the fast and had a large meal yesterday at midnight. So again I was back to day 1. Today is easier than yesterday. Not much struggle. Maybe because I was sipping coffee, tea and salt water all along. Today I took several short walks.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom