all posts post new thread

Fighter pullup program progression

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Well, I just grab them almost pronated but during the pull they rotate to more neutral grip (palms facing each other).
That's also my experience, but have you noticed if you rotate the rings/palms right at the beginning of the movement? I find if I don't I really struggle to get going, although perhaps it's just adjusting to the rings.

have you noticed if you rotate the rings/palms right at the beginning of the movement?
It's more natural. I don't overthink about it. I just do them :) If you find that reps are easier add isometric hold at the top, or add a set or two of L-Pull-ups.

31/5/22 0730-0815
5RM FPP
Day# 5
All sets on rings.
Rings are easier if I don't try and maintain the feet forward hollow position, and just bend my knees with feet behind. Need to try them on something higher to see.

Or you can do them as the Party said, and maintain Hollow Position :)
Haha, yes of course, I'm just thinking that I'm a bit low to the ground, which is throwing me off. Will have a look around when I walk the dog in the morning for a higher anchor point and see how we go.

One of the 5-rep set I did yesterday was L-Rings Pull-up, and it wasn't easy, but since my goal is to get stronger at Pull-ups I think I will incorporate more such sets into my daily number.
Find some tree high enough to mount rings, or attach then to the ceiling.
IMG_20220531_115916.jpg

One of the 5-rep set I did yesterday was L-Rings Pull-up, and it wasn't easy, but since my goal is to get stronger at Pull-ups I think I will incorporate more such sets into my daily number.
Find some tree high enough to mount rings, or attach then to the ceiling.
View attachment 17814
I should be able to find a tree, supposed to be a rest day tomorrow, a few easy reps won't hurt though.

1/6/22 rest day
2/6/22 Day# 7 0750-0815, 1000-1005
Chins for set of 3, all other bar pullups

3/6/22
Got COVID. Wary of getting "long COVID" by not taking it easy enough, so using it as an excuse to swap to GTG single reps on the hour for a few days while I'm confined to the house. Putting extra focus on hollow position during reps.

8 GTG sets of 1, focusing on hollow and full contraction at top position, held for 2 sec

11/6/22
Pretty ordinary few weeks, the flu, then Covid with a cold on top. Wouldn't recommend.

Single set of 8 chins on a whim. After watching a few videos of others I realise I've been short changing myself with my RM. I have been just going until I feel I can't complete the next rep without a pause. Others look to keep repping out until their grip gives out or total muscle fatigue in their pulling muscles. Next RM test will squeeze out a few extra reps.

12/6/22 1630
1.5km & 1x 3 chins as w/up,
Into pullup rep Max test.

New RM of 10@ BW. Had to pause and hang after rep 8 &9, #10 was slow and a bit questionable, but neck made contact with the bar.

Considering the very interrupted training I've been doing the past month or so, pretty happy to see I've still made progress.

Will give it a few more days of recovery and hopefully get back into some more consistent training next week, although I'm not sure if that means FPP or a different approach to pullups for the time being.

Good job. I'm wondering if the seconds cycle will improve your RM, but you have plenty of options.
Check this
https://www.marines.mil/Portals/1/Docs/PullupTrainingGuide.pdf
I'm curious as well. I'm not 100% happy with my form still, I feel like I should be forcing the elbows back more at the top of the rep. As usual I don't know if I should continue with my form as is, or now that I have developed a bit more strength, go back to day #1 of the 5RM program and really work on nailing technique.

I guess I really am a sucker for over thinking and over analysing everything.

Just found on the web

That was a good watch, thanks. I've been wondering about both GTG and weighted pullups, perhaps I'll have a play around and see what I can manage with the bells I've got. GTG supersetted with pushups is also appealing, I can easily do them on days when I'm at work, which I can't do with weighted reps.

The tyranny of choice.

Yeap, exactly as you wrote. But I'm not sure how many times a week it should be followed, so figured this out:
Week 1: 3-4x
Week 2: 3x
Week 3: 2-3x

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom