all posts post new thread

Forum Business Forum Reorganization

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
We are combining most of our forum sections into one. It will make using the forum simpler and encourage more cross-pollination of ideas and modalities.

The sub-forum of origin for all past messages will be visible as the "Topic" here, and you will be required to choose a "Topic" for new threads - the old forum names (more or less) will be your choices. (We may remove the requirement to choose a Topic at a later date.) Use Filters (it's to the top, right of the screen) to limit your view only to things of a certain "Topic."

-S-

Last edited:
I like the change. Both that the modalities aren't separated and that logs are found more quickly.

I think there are too many stickies in the forum, though.

Sorry if sounded negative. Forum changes are really hard. Sure it'll be OK in the end, just preferred the older one! I'm not keen on sub forums under main titles, I liked it more a few months ago when there was a clear Kettlebell section.

Not sure the orders quite make sense now. Discussion, but then nutrition separate? Why that topic in particular?

How about:

Introductions.
Kettlebells.
Barbells.
Bodyweight.
Other training.
Nutrition.
Events.

Other topics.
Members.
Instructors.
Logs.
Forum issues and feedback.

Agree with red_and_black, not interested in barbell or others, it is now very clunky to navigate.

*edit* just realised I can click on the "kettlebell" box on each thread to filter only those threads. Not sure about the chage still, but could be workable

You can click on the gray boxes to filer the threads and treat the filter as a sub-forum. Looks like I am a little too late to be the first to point this out.

Is the sticky of stickies thread going to be updated? I remember each of the sub-forums have a set of stickied posts at the top. It looks like we lost these in the update. I guess my suggestion is to expand the sticky of stickies post with links to the threads which were previously stickied and to cut down on the actual stickied threads. With one board there are about 10 of them before active threads start. This should be cut down to 3 or 4 at the most.

I hope I have made my point clear. I think my idea would create a more streamline and easy to navigate forum.

I understand your point but..felt better with the old one.

Cross-pollination has been always a thing in this forum without the merge and everyone is active in different sub-topics, in top of that with the old distribution I could search "hypertrophy" or any other word just inside the kettelbell, barbell, bodyweight forum, now its not possible to do the same thing.

Honestly I don't like it.

Last edited:
I understand your point but..felt better with the old one.

Cross-pollination has been always a thing in this forum without the merge and everyone is active in different sub-topics, in top of that with the old distribution I could search "hypertrophy" or any other word just inside the kettelbell, barbell, bodyweight forum, now its not possible to do the same thing.

Honestly I don't like it.
Thank you for the feedback, @Eyetic.

-S-

You can click on the gray boxes to filer the threads and treat the filter as a sub-forum. Looks like I am a little too late to be the first to point this out.
This is a useful point - thank you, and I will add something about this to the first message in this thread shortly.

-S-

There used to be an old forum that discussed kettlebells. They published a bodyweight book from a fake inmate and instead of a cross pollination of ideas, it dominated the forum.

You're going to lose people who don't want to sift through 5 pages of topics to find the thread that they answered last night.

Your quest for simplicity is in reality making things difficult.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom