all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert "THE GIANT" ??

i may be.. its just funny that the jump from 20 to 24 is that "tough" for me at last, im pretty sure i can do 10 - 12 ish dobble 20 C&P . but only like 2-3 with the Doubble 24. :)
Thats a huge delta !! I typically see that when I can hit around 8-10 reps with one weight I can definitely get up to 50% with the next weight. My C&P RM with double 28s is 10-12 and without much practice or testing I could get 4-5 reps with double 32s. I would definitely consider getting your technique reviewed.

Thats a huge delta !! I typically see that when I can hit around 8-10 reps with one weight I can definitely get up to 50% with the next weight. My C&P RM with double 28s is 10-12 and without much practice or testing I could get 4-5 reps with double 32s. I would definitely consider getting your technique reviewed.
I dunno.....I am hovering in the 9-10RM with my 36s but the 40s are maybe 3 right now......I guess we're all wired differently....

Is this because the groove out of the rack differs with larger bells perhaps?
Not something you can lean around with doubles?

Okay, here's my conundrum-

Go with The Giant with 16s or Strong for two months with 20s, then start The Giant with 20s?

Background- I've had shortness of breath for almost three years, pre-dating the pandemic. Working with a pulmonologist to figure it out, but I've got a green light to train. I had a shoulder injury last July and I was finally able to start doing something with it in March. Did some light doubles to include some of the Giant 1.0 with 16s to test the waters and see if it was going to be an issue for the shoulder. It wasn't.

Tasks
1) Work on conditioning (am incorporating walks after training, but before breakfast at 2 pm.)
2) Continue losing fat (lost 10 pounds in April (down from 212) due to my physical efforts and IF. Shooting for 190.
3) Build muscle going into my 50s.

Go with The Giant with 16s or Strong for two months with 20s, then start The Giant with 20s?

Background- I've had shortness of breath for almost three years, pre-dating the pandemic. Working with a pulmonologist to figure it out, but I've got a green light to train. I had a shoulder injury last July and I was finally able to start doing something with it in March. Did some light doubles to include some of the Giant 1.0 with 16s to test the waters and see if it was going to be an issue for the shoulder. It wasn't.

Tasks
1) Work on conditioning (am incorporating walks after training, but before breakfast at 2 pm.)
2) Continue losing fat (lost 10 pounds in April (down from 212) due to my physical efforts and IF. Shooting for 190.
Definitely a @John Grahill question.

Tasks

Here's how I'd approach it

Giant 1.0 then Strong short course (keep rest at 90 seconds between sets at most)

Retest your rep max after then see where to go from there

Tasks
I think a lot has to do with what you can do, meaning are your 16s or your 20s a 5 RM or a 10 RM? If either is a 5 RM or a 4 RM I'd start with Strong and ride it out. If you can comfortably.....and comfortably is the key term here......get 10 or more then hit up the Giant.

Here's how I'd approach it

Giant 1.0 then Strong short course (keep rest at 90 seconds between sets at most)

Retest your rep max after then see where to go from there
I second the giant 1.0 with double 16s as that is what I am doing right now and it feels right since it’s a lighter weight that’s around a 10rm. Making progression with the reps each week as well. And it’s probably better for hypertrophy.

Last edited:
Greetings,

I just bought The Giant a month ago.
I have a single 16kg (10RM) and a single 20kg (5RM)
I finished The Giant 3.0 with a single 20kg. And increased my RM from 5RM to 7RM. I consider it a success for me.
And after consulting with Geoff via email, I am continuing with The Giant 3.0 with uneven pairs of 20 and 16 using my STRONG arm (without switching weight between sets - I am sending email to reconfirm this today).

Have anyone here done The Giant with single or uneven pairs before?

P.S: I am a 32yo guy with small build. 170cm and 56kg, hence the "light" 5RM. Looking forward to get the strong and positive aura from everyone here. Many thanks!

Greetings,

I finished The Giant 3.0 with a single 20kg. And increased my RM from 5RM to 7RM. I consider it a success for me.
And after consulting with Geoff via email, I am continuing with The Giant 3.0 with uneven pairs of 20 and 16 using my STRONG arm (without switching weight between sets - I am sending email to reconfirm this today).

P.S: I am a 32yo guy with small build. 170cm and 56kg, hence the "light" 5RM. Looking forward to get the strong and positive aura from everyone here. Many thanks!
I'm pretty sure @guardian 7 used uneven bells.

Greetings,

I doubt Geoff would say not to switch the bells every round….. you SHOULD switch the heavy and light bells each round to balance things out.

Back
Top Bottom