all posts post new thread

Kettlebell GN Beta program

I am also interested in this program. I have been traveling so I thought I may have missed the email with the enrollment link. I looked back through my emails and the last one from GN was the Monday Motivation email. (Crap!)

I sent an email to Geoff's website last night asking to enroll.

@Dimitri87 I also participated in the Giant X Beta. I really enjoyed the experience. So hopefully I can jump on board.

I had a slightly different question that I emailed about for how the time is used for the paired exercises, on the conditioning side. And how the time was to be allocated.
What’re your thoughts on how to use if using singles?
I guess I assumed you do one side at a time. But looking at it again, I can see how you might have that question.

Geoff Nuepert has a beta running at the moment. Kettlebell ICT.
Details over at his site or via mailing list.
Think I might hop on this. 12 week program
I bought it, will run it january through march... Perfect timing really. I like very much axe and se squats but I need a minimal set up during my heavy work season (Jan to March). I'll save on the monthly gym membership and get some good work in over the next 12 weeks. Looking forward to participating...and also looking forward to circling back to axe and squats when the work slows up. They have been getting results...! Anyone else confirmed so we can make a training thread?

Last edited:
I bought it, will run it january through march... Perfect timing really. I like very much axe and se squats but I need a minimal set up during my heavy work season (Jan to March). I'll save on the monthly gym membership and get some good work in over the next 12 weeks. Looking forward to participating...and also looking forward to circling back to axe and squats when the work slows up. They have been getting results...! Anyone else confirmed so we can make a training thread?
Yeah I gotta do some RM testing to confirm a few things, and take some measurements for the before state, so, likely starting mid-late January.

I'm eyeballing the different options myself. And, I will choose my configuration depending on whether the the weights line up close enough in testing, for me.

But, also, some family stuff is coming up, for me. I'll see when I can get the right bells in the right place for testing and practice, and get my wife to take a few measurements before I begin. I don't want to wait until February to start, but some things are going to require a little more time and attention than usual.

For the strength movements, would you do X reps left, X reps right, then the conditioning for said number of seconds?
I sent this question to @Geoff Neupert . I'll update here if/when I hear back.
I did left/right then condition. It's not many reps all in all.

I started it today. I was very very tired after the session. I had to cheat a bit - I'm not used to volume.

Also, I get thrown off easily by complicated programs, so to keep my eyes from permanently glazing over, I spent time this morning organizing my program choice into a spreadsheet.... Now I have a fighting chance of figuring out what i'm supposed to be doing each session.

Also, I get thrown off easily by complicated programs
My cross fit friends feel that eye glazing effect when I try to get them to do one of my OLAD , or q&d or s&s sessions with me. And they ask. "Ok what are we doing ? " And when I tell them, they can not help help themselves but to balk and say : "that's it !?"

Then I've done some of their stuff 8-12 movements, each with their own rep counts sometimes alternating or waving rep counts, and I have a habit of messing up the order or something. Or missing the rep counts. Or, Just getting lost during it, instead of maintaining that Lazer focus I like to employ.

I don't have any corrections to offer them. They like doing Spartan races and the like. I'm not so inclined.

I will likely map all this onto a spreadsheet and check each box along the way. So I don't mess it up.

Last edited:
I sent this question to @Geoff Neupert . I'll update here if/when I hear back.
I did left/right then condition. It's not many reps all in all.

I started it today. I was very very tired after the session. I had to cheat a bit - I'm not used to volume.

Also, I get thrown off easily by complicated programs, so to keep my eyes from permanently glazing over, I spent time this morning organizing my program choice into a spreadsheet.... Now I have a fighting chance of figuring out what i'm supposed to be doing each session.
One other thing I was curious about… the times conditioning sets… I hate the idea of starting a stopwatch every set for 30 seconds…. I might see how many swings I do in 30 seconds/45/60 and just put in a predetermined rep count…. I.e. for the “30 seconds” I do 15, 45 seconds” I do 22, “60 seconds” I do 30.

What did you do? What are your thoughts on the above?

I agree and i did put my stopwatch in front of me to time the first batch of swings to get a count in. I varied between 15 - 17 (2H - using 24...)
I used that as my guide for the next sets.
Truth be told, i was barely holding on at the last couple of sets. I pooped out at 13 for my last set...

@Bkb I think I could use two timers for this ...
One for the session and one for each series.

I don't necessarily want to brick out the 2 minutes max rest on an interval timer if I don't need it.

One timer looking for overall length and another timer reset each time I'm doing the conditioning work.

Last edited:
I agree and i did put my stopwatch in front of me to time the first batch of swings to get a count in. I varied between 15 - 17 (2H - using 24...)
I used that as my guide for the next sets.
Truth be told, i was barely holding on at the last couple of sets. I pooped out at 13 for my last set...
Think you went too hard? Need a lighter bell? Did you follow the talk test?

Also, I’m still confused on if this program is auto regulated? It appears to be but the prescribed rest wouldn’t leave much in the way for improvement in rep counts… unless of course you just sped up your reps… not sure this would be smart.

Also, I’m still confused on if this program is auto regulated? It appears to be but the prescribed rest wouldn’t leave much in the way for improvement in rep counts… unless of course you just sped up your reps… not sure this would be smart.
I found w/Giant that my conditioning improved as i advanced through the program. i'm sure this will too. I've done swings A&A style for quite a while (with a heavier bell, albeit). this was the most swings i've ever done in a day.

I got the program!

I am finishing Giant 1.2 and then running Kettlebell ICT in January. The timing of the release of this program couldn't be better for me.

The work is somewhat glycotic given the time domains. 2 min seems to be a minimum to recover... Take more if needed or, if you recover fast, less. Just a guess.

Edit, it's all in Geoff's video.

Last edited:
I'm in.

@Bkb I think I could use two timers for this ...
One for the session and one for each series.

I don't necessarily want to brick out the 2 minutes max rest on an interval timer if I don't need it.

One timer looking for overall length and another timer reset each time I'm doing the conditioning work.
I use the Smart WOD timer. Since A1 or A2 or which ever is suppose to run for 15 minutes I would just program 15 minutes into the timer and once finished with say Goblet Squats for reps all you have to do is add thirty and start with swings or snatches for the thirty seconds and then start your rest period. Five minute break and then start the last 15 minutes.

I use the Smart WOD timer. Since A1 or A2 or which ever is suppose to run for 15 minutes I would just program 15 minutes into the timer and once finished with say Goblet Squats for reps all you have to do is add thirty and start with swings or snatches for the thirty seconds and then start your rest period. Five minute break and then start the last 15 minutes.
Yeah, I might wanna figure something out. I was looking at my gymboss which I'm mostly happy with, and I can kinda get a parallel thing going with the clock app on my phone.

Oh. The technology . Hopefully it works out. I do like that on the gymboss it does have a skip button I can use to advance out of the rest periods early based on talk test and the strength portions based on completing reps.

Screenshot_2023-12-10-16-04-32-77_6964eca9bee2057b56652e89665dbe09.jpg

I'll take a look at the smart wod timer , and see what I can do with that.

Back
Top Bottom