all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Grip Strength Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I have CoC grippers. FAT grip. Wrist rollers.

Heavy (56kg + 80kg) swings have improved my grip beyond any of these things without any direct training. Take from that what you will.

@offwidth Thanks for the awesome post! I'll have to reread it and try to retain it.

For the Pronation / Supination training, is there a rep range or frequency or any specifics to be aware of?

@offwidth Thanks for the awesome post! I'll have to reread it and try to retain it.

For the Pronation / Supination training, is there a rep range or frequency or any specifics to be aware of?
Eric Hörst recommends 2 sets of 20-25 reps before training and one set after. So obviously a weight needs to be chosen that’s appropriate.
I typically do 3 sets of 11 prior to a grip training session or a pull-up session.

If doing because of an existing injury I would think it prudent to go lighter than heavier. (Think physiotherapy) I have a 5lb mini sledgehammer that works great for this purpose. I have known people to use a frying pan in a pinch.

Swings.
Once you incorporate any extra grip work, your CNS will be tired, and your grip strength in swings will actually go down.
Use chalk, keep swinging.
You could use chalk, or you could use some kind of skin-friendly lubricant. Tried it once. Terrifying. Worked my grip quite a bit, so much that I couldn't pick up my beer afterwards and that never happens.

You could use chalk, or you could use some kind of skin-friendly lubricant. Tried it once. Terrifying. Worked my grip quite a bit, so much that I couldn't pick up my beer afterwards and that never happens.
Masochistic! I can feel the cramps already.

Eric Hörst recommends 2 sets of 20-25 reps before training and one set after. So obviously a weight needs to be chosen that’s appropriate.
I typically do 3 sets of 11 prior to a grip training session or a pull-up session.

If doing because of an existing injury I would think it prudent to go lighter than heavier. (Think physiotherapy) I have a 5lb mini sledgehammer that works great for this purpose. I have known people to use a frying pan in a pinch.
Brooms/mops as well. You can place your hand closer or further from the head to increase difficulty.

For me, nothing beats Swings or Snatches for grip.
since you’re doing S&S I would say either:

-Swing the lighter 32kg bell harder.
-Swing the 40kg for 20 series of 5. The series of 5 will allow you to swing harder.
-Train 3x a week, your grip needs rest.
I would avoid any other parasite exercise. S&S is quite minimalist but is already quite taxing past 32kg. Be patient and swing hard.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom