all posts post new thread

Kettlebell I finished the Hybrid Power Conditioning Program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abraiz

Level 4 Valued Member
I finished the Hybrid Power Conditioning Program today with a 16 kg kettlebell. Six weeks of 3 days per week slowly increasing 10 swings EMOM. Tough thing considering my relative inexperience with kettlebells, but I finished it Alhamdulillaah. Very foolishly, I did not take before photos or measurements. Only after. The last measurements I have are from July 2019.

What I learnt

• My form sucks. Some days it sucks less, some days it sucks more, but it does suck. “Constant vigilance” as Professor Moody would say.
  • Piling on reps amplifies everything. All the small mistakes/slip-ups that you might get away with on low number of reps are all amplified with high number of reps. IMO you understand the subtleties of form more with high reps. You are forced to. Otherwise, you risk breaking down and injuring yourself.
  • My arms grew an inch (I had measured them last a year ago and never did any arm work regularly. Only curls with the empty bar when I would have elbow pain). I think it is mostly triceps due to the presses which I did on alternate days. My arms just look bigger. No definition, etc. because I never worked my arms directly. My forearms also grew an inch. My back also grew. Due to the swings I would say. My lats looks pretty defined. I sent a foto of my back to my friend and he said I had photoshopped it. Then I sent him a picture of my calluses. Case closed.
  • Fat loss doesn’t work the way you want it to. I thought my belly would flatten up with high rep swings. It didn’t. At least not to the extent that I thought it would. Instead what happened was my obliques got kind of chiselled. Now I have kind-of-chiselled obliques with a round belly. Yes, it looks as ridiculous at it sounds. But no matter, it is a work in progress. I didn’t pay any attention to diet these 6 weeks. From here on, I am going to follow an IF plan (5/2 diet). Have had success in the past with it. Let us see.
  • It feels good to actually finish a program. Going back to S&S after this. This high-rep detour taught me a lot. If I can pay attention to my form for 200+ reps, I can surely do it for 100 reps. For this alone, it was worth it. Would definitely do it again when I move to a heavier bell.

Last edited:
Were you going 1H or 2H swing?

I may be misremembering, but I thought the 6 week program was 2H....

Hello,

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom