all posts post new thread

Kettlebell I made a spreadsheet tracker for S&S - check it out!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TheSpreadsheetWiz

First Post
Hi Everyone,

I have recently started S&S and created a spreadsheet for myself to be able to track my progress - and thought I would share with this forum. It is a Google Sheet.

Here is a screenshot of it, with sample data filled in. Here are my graphs from my spreadsheet so you can see what it shows you.

You would input:
  • The date
  • If the current session is a step load session
  • Swing type (one handed / two)
  • Record your sets as you do them. You would input the weight you are using when you have completed a set.
  • The time it takes you to do your warm up / swings / TGU (rounded up the nearest 15 seconds. E.g. 10:09 minutes = 10.25 on the spreadsheet. 25:17 = 25.5 on the spreadsheet)
  • Your heart rate data for the session. I wear a Bluetooth heart rate monitor that I purchased from Amazon, and use an app on android called "myWorkouts"
Step Load Sessions

When you are beginning a new step loading phase on your current session, you would write "Yes" in the column "New Step Loading Session?". This will start at 28 day countdown (4 weeks)

Whenever you begin a session (one handed swings / two handed swings / turkish get up)... it will tell you how many days you have remaining for that specific exercise, until you begin your next step loading.

When the number of days is 0 (on the 28th day) or less than 0 (past the 28th day), the cell will turn red. Making it stand out that you're due a new step loading.

Graphs

There are a few auto-generating graphs that are an indication of your strength and cardio progress in swings / TGU.

It is calculated by adding all of your weight for a session and multiplying it by 10 (number of reps) to see how much weight was lifted during the session. And then it divides it by the amount of time the exercise took you to do - giving you a "weight lifted per minute" figure.

This is an indication of both strength and cardio. If you lift heavier weights in the same amount of time - the number will be higher. If you lift the same amount of weight in less time - the number will be higher.

Achieving simple standards for men (32kg x 100 reps in 5 minutes) is equal to 640kg per minute. So you can see how far away you are from achieving simple with the graphs.

When using the spreadsheet for the first time, the graphs need at least 1x TGU session, 1x 1H swing session and 1x 2H swing session completed before they're working properly (there needs to be at least 1 session of ALL three exercises).

Using the Spreadsheet

I personally have my laptop with me when I'm working out at home, so I just use the spreadsheet on that. However you could install google sheets on your phone and update the spreadsheet on your phone - it would just be a bit clunkier to input.

The spreadsheet is currently set to European dates. If you use American dates, go to File > Spreadsheet Settings > Locale > United States.

Here is a link to the speadsheet. Enjoy!

I hope some people find this useful :)

Thanks for making the effort. I've taken a copy and will give it a go when I get back on S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom