all posts post new thread

(In-)Consistently Simple

31/12/23
Chinese HSPU Day 10
6 sets of 4

Sets of 4 feel easier than sets of 1 did at the start of the program. Only got 6 sets today because life, and I wasn't too concerned about pushing up to 5 reps.

No tingling or pain in my triceps this morning, but I think I would have benefited from doing some higher volume work, maybe pike pushups or assisted HSPU reps for connective tissue adaptions.

The program works.

3/1/24 1500
C+P @20kg
2 sets of 1

C+P RM test @24kg
LHS x4, RHS x6

Really bloody happy with that, I was hoping for an extra rep after the 10 days of HSPU, to get an extra 2 on the LHS and extra 4 on the RHS is phenomenal.

Now I just need to work out tonight if I want to finish the last 2 weeks of Giant 1.0 @20kg, or jump into ROP @24kg. I'm worried I'll lose strength if I finish the Giant TBH.

4/1/23 1530
Trial day of ROP @24kg
3(1,2,3)
Superset BW pullups

Push press on the final rep of last set of 3, I've noticed my press groove on the LHS is less out in front and more "correct" to the side and back since doing the HSPU. Thinking my radical strength gains are in a large part due to technique.

Felt exhausted this afternoon afterwards, but no idea what from. Not enough coffee / too much kids on holidays / life in general. Not sure now whether I want to dive straight into ROP and just take it easy, or do some more Giant with the 20kg...

5/1/23
Did some heel elevated BW pistol singles at the park while the kids were playing, maybe 4/ side.

3x10 shoulderstand squats per "Beast Tamer by Andrew Read. Turns out they are a decent ab exercise if you don't prop yourself up with your hands.

Need to do ab stretches daily to prevent them getting tight and setting off varicocele / ab pain

12/1/23 14:00
24kg C+P ladders + chins @5kg
4(1,2,3)

Push pressed 3rd rep on LHS for sets 1,2&3, pressed it on set 4. Pretty disappointed, I think I should actually have been running the Chinese food program with the 24kg to lead into ROP after all.

Pissed off my LHS lower trap(?) doing the 10kg chins the other day, this could also be contributing, feeling a bit off and stiff today.

2HS @ 20kg
6 sets of 10

19/1/23 12:45
GFE into SS wup @20kg
C+P @24kg / Chins @10kg
5(1,2,3) - Push press on final rep, set 2 LHS only.

2HS @20kg
93/7mins.

Hang then stretches then lunch.

Good pump in forearms from the ladders today, hit the swings hard. Gonna be stiff tomorrow...

Last edited:
22/1/23 1600
GFE into ss wup @20kg
C+P @24kg/ Chins @10kg
5(1)

Snatch practice @16kg
9 mins

Hang then stretches

29/1/23 0930
C+P @24kg / Chins @10kg
5(1,2,3). Only 1 push press on ladder 4, set 3 rep 3 LHS.

2HS @20kg 78/7mins

Hang then stretches.

Hot day, hands are a bit raw. Will take elastoplast tape off pullup bar and see if it helps.

Last edited:
31/1/23 13:15 after 2 NS
SS wup @20kg w 1/1 TGU each round
C+P @20kg / BW pullups w fat gripz @62mm dia

10(1)

No swings or snatches
Hang then stretches.

Did 10 sets today to get some more singles practice in, trying to build a bit of capacity before attempting sets of 4 in a week or so. Don't think I'm there just yet.

Irritated something in my RHS groin in the warm up, feels like adductor or hamstring. Swings from the other day must have been more squatty again, session before that was all glutes, I haven't been pushing the hips back enough for swings is the reason my adductors have DOMS for days after.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom