all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Information about McGill stuff

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Makes me wonder how much of my right shoulder issues could be related to my right psoas being so tight. Thanks for mentioning it, I might not have taken the time to go through all the video. I've been meaning to read Anatomy Trains for years and I guess it's about time I buy it.
Could be some good info. (Anatomy Train) in there for you Ben. In a past thread I mentioned a WTH effect from invisibell halos at a SFG II cert. where I showed up with a wack back and that motion cleared up a good percent of my issues. First thing I thought about when Doc McGill was demonstrating the psoas stretch was " Maybe that is one of the reasons the halo hit a region I did not expect it to target."

Maybe that is one of the reasons the halo hit a region I did not expect it to target."
We are so clueless as to all the intricacies of how the body works. The more I learn, the more I realise how much we (or I) don't know. Even listening to guys like Dr McGill makes me realise how much has been learned only recently and how much is still unknown.

We are so clueless as to all the intricacies of how the body works. The more I learn, the more I realise how much we (or I) don't know. Even listening to guys like Dr McGill makes me realise how much has been learned only recently and how much is still unknown.
Tell me about it. Worst part is trying to remember all that information and when you forget something, then you can’t remember where to find it.

McGill mentioned during the podcast that he continues to learn and perfect his craft, it never ends.

Do you mean that lunge movement with a raised hand, when targeting psoas?
I found the psoas stretch very interesting. My 12 x 10 comment was in reference to you watching the vid in small chunks since it is around 120 minutes long.

Fast and Loose in between, you living life between 10 minute chunks.

Last edited:
Basically yes... <10 min warmup I do most days:

-Lock Neck/cervical Big 3
-Lock Thoracic Big 3
-Cat Camel and McGill Big 3
- Lock shoulder big 3
-walk around with 20kg knell for a dew minutes (farmer, rack, waiter walks)

Before squatting I do halo's and goblet squats

Before deadlifts I do kbell swings and hip thrusts

Before bench pressing I do halo's and pushups
What are the Cervical big 3, thoracic big 3 and shoulder big 3?

Would it be okay to replace the warm-up in the S&S with McGill’s Big3?

Personally, I don't think of of them as substitutable goods, but rather complementary.

I do both core activation and dynamic mobilization in my warm ups.

The McBill Big 3, for example, doesn't do much for hip and shoulder mobilization to make them primed.

Could be some good info. (Anatomy Train) in there for you Ben. In a past thread I mentioned a WTH effect from invisibell halos at a SFG II cert. where I showed up with a wack back and that motion cleared up a good percent of my issues. First thing I thought about when Doc McGill was demonstrating the psoas stretch was " Maybe that is one of the reasons the halo hit a region I did not expect it to target."

My biggest WTH for shoulders was working a lot on my TVA / stomach vacuum.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom