all posts post new thread

Kettlebell It’s been a while..

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JoeVarden

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello everyone, I hope that everybody has stayed safe since I last visited the forum.

As we’re currently back in lockdown here in the U.K., I have been forced to change my goals as for obvious reasons, both my MMA gym and regular gym are closed at the moment.

So, feel free to critique my new schedule:

• Monday - Boxing
• Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday - S&S, EMOM band push ups (if I’m feeling good)
• Friday - Boxing technique work
• Saturday - Variety Day (I like to run hills, hike or maybe do a WOD)
• Sunday - Rest

*I’d also like to add that I practice Dr Eric Goodmans foundation training through their subscription service as well as adding some Wim Hof breathing techniques to my days.

I personally love the layout, I think it offers enough variety while helping me work on my chosen sport to some degree but of course, everyone’s comments are welcome!

Hope you all have a great day.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I hope that everybody has stayed safe since I last visited the forum.

As we’re currently back in lockdown here in the U.K., I have been forced to change my goals as for obvious reasons, both my MMA gym and regular gym are closed at the moment.

So, feel free to critique my new schedule:

• Monday - Boxing
• Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday - S&S, EMOM band push ups (if I’m feeling good)
• Friday - Boxing technique work
• Saturday - Variety Day (I like to run hills, hike or maybe do a WOD)
• Sunday - Rest

*I’d also like to add that I practice Dr Eric Goodmans foundation training through their subscription service as well as adding some Wim Hof breathing techniques to my days.

I personally love the layout, I think it offers enough variety while helping me work on my chosen sport to some degree but of course, everyone’s comments are welcome!

Hope you all have a great day.
If you are happy with this and it fits you then that's wonderful!
Since you "threw this to the wolves" out here, I'll take you up on your invitation to comment.

S&S doesn't really progress or even really maintain itself adequately at once a week. The minimum is twice a week, but it's recommended at least 3 or 4 times. You could do it once a week "heavy" and twice a week "light", for instance, and you'll get a lot more out of it than just one day a week.

I'd put the hike at twice a week (or three times even!) I'm biased. I think walking is some kind of thing our body expects we do all the time for proper functioning of our body. It's like how chewing gets rid of buildup of earwax but you'd never suspect it. I've run experiments on myself where I quit walking for a few weeks and at least for myself I started to feel "wrong"! To add to this, walking is the one _most_ recommended exercises by doctors. I think it's more important than just once a week.

Just my thoughts on this - not at all my business what you do, and I could quite frankly be dead wrong in what I think!

If you are happy with this and it fits you then that's wonderful!
Since you "threw this to the wolves" out here, I'll take you up on your invitation to comment.

S&S doesn't really progress or even really maintain itself adequately at once a week. The minimum is twice a week, but it's recommended at least 3 or 4 times. You could do it once a week "heavy" and twice a week "light", for instance, and you'll get a lot more out of it than just one day a week.

I'd put the hike at twice a week (or three times even!) I'm biased. I think walking is some kind of thing our body expects we do all the time for proper functioning of our body. It's like how chewing gets rid of buildup of earwax but you'd never suspect it. I've run experiments on myself where I quit walking for a few weeks and at least for myself I started to feel "wrong"! To add to this, walking is the one _most_ recommended exercises by doctors. I think it's more important than just once a week.

Just my thoughts on this - not at all my business what you do, and I could quite frankly be dead wrong in what I think!
I appreciate this comment a lot! Over the last year I’ve grown to love hiking and walking in general, but I’m also having to cram in runs to keep my conditioning up to standard for MMA. I’ll find the balance one day ha!

You’re right though, I’d hike most days if I could.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom