all posts post new thread

Keep moving

10 x (10 swings (24 kg kb)& 10 squats)
6 x (4 minutes run - 1 minute walk)
10 x (10 swings (24 kg kb) & 10 squats)

Some reflections:
I used the swing instead of the snatch today as I feel something in my shoulder. What did I notice, on both of the outside of the ringvinger I have some torn skin. Probably as the handle of a comp. bell is smaller. Also did the second round, after the run, some 1 arm swing, but they fellt less powerfull. Another observation for me, that is probably very heresy at this forum, is I like the snatch way more than the swing.

Hope your shoulder is alright. I also prefer snatches, but like to mix in swings. I liked rolling die with q&d, now i’m going to try three days snatching with one high volume swing day. I like that i can move more weight and get more lower body activation with the swings.

In the nightshift cycle again. One more night. Wanted to do a short workout today. Looked easier on paper ?

2 ROUNDS OF:
- 3 minutes squats (double 20 kg kb & bwe)
- 2 minutes lunges (bulgarian bag)
- 1 minute one arm swings (20 kg kb)
5 x 8 (double 20 kg kb's) cleans*

* 8 cleans on top of every minute

Post nightshift workout. Trying to get awake. This was yesterday, somehow it was not posted

5 ROUNDS OF:
- 8/8 gama casts (12 kg clubbell)
- 5/5 mace 360's
5 ROUNDS OF:
- 8/8 lunges (20 kg kb)
- 5/5 press (20 kg kb)
- 3/3 snatch (20 kg kb)
5 ROUNDS OF:
- 8 swings (24 kg kb)
- 5 goblet squats (20 kg kb)
- 3 pushups

Today.

Since a few day my back feels stiff. So started today with a few hip bridges and rolling back bridges. Felt amazing, should do yhem more often again. After that, into the rain for some workout.

20 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (16 kg kb)
20 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (16 kg k

You've really been changing it up the last sessions, new stimulus will sometimes tweak things we don't want tweaked.. how's the shoulder doing now?

BTW, I agree snatches are much more fun, yet swings are like medicine for my lower back. What program have you been hitting? Looks interesting, I like the idea of moderate weight and higher load, my body responds well to it.

Shoulder is doing greatvagain. Few days of rest due to nightshift works. Currently not on an exact program, but days become darker and colder, so bit less running. Will try to keep at 2 days and add some morecstrength work to the menu.

Due to the swings (too much too soon?) My back felt stiff for a couple of days so yesterday did some rolling back bridges and hip bridges. That workrd well.

Shoulder is doing greatvagain. Few days of rest due to nightshift works. Currently not on an exact program, but days become darker and colder, so bit less running. Will try to keep at 2 days and add some morecstrength work to the menu.

Due to the swings (too much too soon?) My back felt stiff for a couple of days so yesterday did some rolling back bridges and hip bridges. That workrd well.
Glad to hear the shoulder is doing well. I've been ad-hoc'ish training for some time now and really like it. There will come a time for more focused efforts but it's not there for me right now. Where I live people give away treadmills on occasion, I'd get one for convenience in training were it not for the inconvenience of storing it, my garage space is limited for now.

On the low back thing don't discount the effects of double cleans, they are definitely working the LB. Double 20's might not sound too heavy until the reps pile up, add in the fact you're not used to doing the move regularly and well.. no surprise. Lunges can hit LB too.

Glad to hear the shoulder is doing well. I've been ad-hoc'ish training for some time now and really like it. There will come a time for more focused efforts but it's not there for me right now. Where I live people give away treadmills on occasion, I'd get one for convenience in training were it not for the inconvenience of storing it, my garage space is limited for now.

On the low back thing don't discount the effects of double cleans, they are definitely working the LB. Double 20's might not sound too heavy until the reps pile up, add in the fact you're not used to doing the move regularly and well.. no surprise. Lunges can hit LB too.
Agree on the double cleans and also the lunges.

4 ROUNDS OF:
- 5 press (22 kg kb) & 8 press (18 kg kb) left
- 5 press (22 kg kb) & 8 press (18 kg kb) right
- 2 minutes rest
4 x (10/10 bulgarian bag spins & 10 pushups)
4 ROUNDS OF:
- 5 row (22 kg kb) & 8 row (18 kg kb) left
- 5 row (22 kg kb) & 8 row (18 kg kb) right
- 2 minutes rest
3 (bulgarian bag) ROUNDS OF:
- 10/10 spins
- 10 bent over rows
- 10 squat swings

5 x (10/10 bulgarian bag spins & 10 pushups)
5 x (10/10 bulgarian bag spins & 10 pushups)
Somehow the spins and pushups combined with the running feels like a good combo to me.
Man I like the way you're mixing things up, not only is a good for the body but it's good for the mind as well. We don't always have to dwell between the railroad tracks, sometimes we can step outside of that line and still thrive.

Word, i feel like that could be a q&d approach too. I just refered someone to this log who does jot currently have the use of his hands. I thought all of your squats, lunges, and locomotion could be a great inspiration to him. Keep it up!

Enjoying the colourfull autumn after yesterdays stormy and rainy weather.

5 x (2/2 - 2/2 - 2/2) snatch (22 kg kb)
5 x (2/2 - 2/2 - 2/2) snatch (22 kg kb)20211022_092330.jpg20211022_082609.jpg

That is why I "adopted" this place as my forest gym. But during the run I came across more people than expected
I like to play a game where i smile and wave at everyone i see (coming from a much more populated area), a lot off ppl think you’re crazy, but sometimes you make someone’s day. I’m also known in my neighborhood as; the guy who does “prison workouts” in the sidewalk/front yard ?.

That is why I "adopted" this place as my forest gym. But during the run I came across more people than expected
I like to play a game where i smile and wave at everyone i see (coming from a much more populated area), a lot off ppl think you’re crazy, but sometimes you make someone’s day. I’m also known in my neighborhood as; the guy who does “prison workouts” in the sidewalk/front yard ?

Back
Top Bottom