all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell AXE - general discussion

in the spirit of AxE my intention is all the movements should be moved as explosively as possible, or at least with the intention to do so…the rep scheme has to be based off the movement with which one has the least explosive endurance, right? 6 grindy pushups won’t work…but maybe one can do three explosive…so the squat and swings start at 3 also until the push ups improve.
Reminds me a bit of triple threat training as performed by @Kenneth Bolyard and @Derek Toshner. For example, 3 swings, 3 power push ups and 3 jump squats on the minute for 20, 30, 40 minutes. I’ve seen them sub in things like medicine ball slams and box jumps. Great way to train.

@randyh, one of the things that differentiates Q&D and AXE in my mind is that I'm trying to be more explosive with Q&D while on AXE I've dialed down the intensity a little. Curious to hear what you and others thinks about that.

-S-

@randyh, one of the things that differentiates Q&D and AXE in my mind is that I'm trying to be more explosive with Q&D while on AXE I've dialed down the intensity a little. Curious to hear what you and others thinks about that.

-S-
Well I think that's right. The AxE intensity scheme is based off 80% (is it?) of max 30 second reps? (or, the maximum time you can "sprint" before pacing sets in automatically is ~ 30 sec?) Lazy Strength™. My athletes hate it worse than MAF restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom