all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell ICT

Started today because why not?
All 24kg to get a feel for the workout.
Session A Option 2 Intermediate Skill (but reverted to 2HS due to mid-workout prior elbow pain flareup).
7 sets each for both A and B.
Might be able to compress the time even more, but I know how Geoff's programs tend to nail you later, so I'll just keep it mellow to begin. Good luck everyone!

Hit 11 good reps at 2x24kg military press in testing... Last year starting Maximorum that wasn't even my 5rm...got 4 of them in october 2022. A year down the road after maximorum, a+a, iron cardio, axe and a bunch of squatting and pressing and hinging and pulling the 4rm is now the 11rm. Time tested stuff here.

Starting Monday morning December 18th, as an early Xmas gift to my creature. Running advanced option 2. I already gave away a bit too much in one post that had to be edited so i'mma try to convey testing results like this -

SESSION A
A1. 28 progressing to 32, with doubles 15s progressing to 20s
A2. 24s to 26s
B1. 28 to 32 / 20 to 24
B2. 28s to 32s
SESSION B
A&B1. 20s to 24s
A&B2. 28s to 32s

Ready to get it! Happy holidays from Puerto Vallarta!!PXL_20231211_154842811.MP.jpg

Last edited:
I started today. I'm using 16kg for everything right now. I'm doing double presses and the goblet squat. I got 6 sets of each. I started with the goblet because I have not squated in a long time. I have been doing get-ups. I tested three days ago to see if I could squat double 12kg and I thought the top of my hamstring was going to pop out. I had no issues tonight with the 16kg.

I will be pressing double 20kg and squating double 16kg by the end. I only have one 24k.

I did my first session today, using the advanced selection, wings, snatches, double front squats and double presses, everything with 20kg - should be using 24kgs, but had 3 months enforced rest due to sciatica :(
I'm not aiming for a kettlebell weight goal at the end, hopefully some fat loss and strength improvement :)

Anyone running renegade rows? Im wondering whats weights people are running it with. Cant see going below 24’s for balance reasons, but i don't think i can hit ten reps each side with it. 10 total sure (5/5).

Anyone running renegade rows? Im wondering whats weights people are running it with. Cant see going below 24’s for balance reasons, but i don't think i can hit ten reps each side with it. 10 total sure (5/5).
I am planning on running renegade rows. I've been patterning the exercise with 20k bells this week.

I plan on patterning the 24s next week... just to see how I do.

But I think I will have a similar experience to your experience. I doubt I will be able to get 10 reps per side with the 24s.

I think I will be using the 20s for the program.

I am planning on running renegade rows. I've been patterning the exercise with 20k bells this week.

I plan on patterning the 24s next week... just to see how I do.

But I think I will have a similar experience to your experience. I doubt I will be able to get 10 reps per side with the 24s.

I think I will be using the 20s for the program.
How about your snatch bell? Single arm swing too while we’re at it.

I may be going too heavy with my jerks/pp as I’m planning on going with 24’s. 24 for swings, 20k for snatches. Double 24’s for everything else pretty much.

I can't say if you're going too heavy. But, for me, I have learned to listen to Geoff's recommendation on which KB to use for a program. He recommends a light or a medium KB for the conditioning movements. I think the conditioning portion of ICT will be brutal if not impossible if one goes too heavy with their bell choice.

On the other hand, I am planning on 2x28s for the squats and military presses. The 28s are the bells I used for DCPs and DFSQs when I ran Maximorum.

I can't say if you're going too heavy. But, for me, I have learned to listen to Geoff's recommendation on which KB to use for a program. He recommends a light or a medium KB for the conditioning movements. I think the conditioning portion of ICT will be brutal if not impossible if one goes too heavy with their bell choice.

On the other hand, I am planning on 2x28s for the squats and military presses. The 28s are the bells I used for DCPs and DFSQs when I ran Maximorum.
Ya, i contimplated upping my press/squat weight but ten felt good with the 24’s. Figured i’d make up for it with the conditioning. I’ve been running kbsf with 28’s and that’s with cleans. I guess I’ll find out quick if it’s too heavy. Problem for me is i mostly use offset bells. If i want the same weight i have an adjustable that will go up to 24k.

Back
Top Bottom