all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell ICT

@tigheguy check your email, you should have gotten one from Geoff that has a video link. Watch that video and everything you asked will be clear.
Thanks for the replies, I didn’t get a email with a video but I think I understand the program. It’s more just the examples at the bottom don’t seem to line up with the programs above.
But I appreciate the help.

Thanks for the replies, I didn’t get a email with a video but I think I understand the program. It’s more just the examples at the bottom don’t seem to line up with the programs above.
But I appreciate the help.
@tigheguy is right, the "Example Training Sessions" explanations contain a typo (paging @Geoff Neupert). In the examples, in Segment B, it should say "B1" and "B2" for the exercise labels, but incorrectly says "A1" and "A2", hence the confusion.

What is COS activation?
Crossover symmetry.... I bought 4kor bands (same quality and characteristics, less money, cooler presentation) and run the COS activation protocol... Sometimes I also run the glute activation program... Warm up and bulletproof your shoulders at the same time.

I got the "Beta test reopened" email from Geoff. I'll start it in January, like some others here.

I have a bit of a phobia with rows, having injured my lower back with a high effort isometric bent-over row, then injuring it again with a seated isometric row last year. So I'm going to go fairly light for the KB rows, and use only single KB. My back has healed up enough to tolerate and benefit from double 16kg cleans, and single 16kg bottoms up goblet squat. It's also responded well to 1-min. rounds of 16kg suitcase carries.

Will go with the conditioning-first option.

Last edited:
I got the "Beta test reopened" email from Geoff. I'll start it in January, like some others here.

I have a bit of a phobia with rows, having injured my lower back with a high effort isometric bent-over row, then injuring it again with a seated isometric row last year. So I'm going to go fairly light for the KB rows, and use only single KB. My back has healed up enough to tolerate and benefit from double 16kg cleans, and single 16kg bottoms up goblet squat.

Will go with the conditioning-first option.
I’ve similar concerns with rows, not done them for some time, I’ve ended up using TRX bodyweight rows as an alternative before. May do the same again.
Hate to go off program, but sometimes you have to do what’s best for you.

I’ve similar concerns with rows, not done them for some time, I’ve ended up using TRX bodyweight rows as an alternative before. May do the same again.
Hate to go off program, but sometimes you have to do what’s best for you.

I recently picked up 8kg and 12kg KBs, which are sufficiently light enough for me to feel more confident than if I had to start off with a 16kg, which until this time was my very lightest KB.

I'll probably start ICT with a single 8kg for rows and only move up to the 12kg if the 8kg really makes me feel like I'm rowing a plastic bag with a box of Kleenex inside.

Week 1 done
A1 24ks
A2 24k
B1 24ks
B2 20k
6 rounds for each segment. Weights feel good, little easy maybe need to compress time more.

Ill be traveling all next week and will be opting to do everything with a single 24k. See how that goes.

Signed up today. Doing option 1 novice exercises across the board. Will determine some 10 RMs next week and begin program first week of January.

I’m glad I was able to get in on this one. I was planning on doing Swing Hard until I got the email. This program looks mentally stimulating enough to keep me motivated.

I recently picked up 8kg and 12kg KBs, which are sufficiently light enough for me to feel more confident than if I had to start off with a 16kg, which until this time was my very lightest KB.

I'll probably start ICT with a single 8kg for rows and only move up to the 12kg if the 8kg really makes me feel like I'm rowing a plastic bag with a box of Kleenex inside.
8kg rows are extremely light, are these renegades? We’re you injured?

@tigheguy is right, the "Example Training Sessions" explanations contain a typo (paging @Geoff Neupert). In the examples, in Segment B, it should say "B1" and "B2" for the exercise labels, but incorrectly says "A1" and "A2", hence the confusion.
It can be confusing when there is Session A/B (alternating 3x/week) but also Segment A/B within both Session A or Session B. I would’ve called it A1/A2, break, A3/A4 = Session A, etc.

Hey - glad to join in.

I started the beta right away, since the drop timed perfectly for me. I'm in the middle of my 3rd week now. Option 1 novice.

I get in 5 sets per Segment with the swings - 6 if i'm doing the Push Press. First time w/the Swings was brutal. I had to lie down at 13 minutes. lol. terrible.

I started very conservative w/weights, and upped presses (4k) and rows (8k). Now they are all real 10RM.

Stopped timing the 30 second part - got used to 17 swings and 7 presses and that's close enough (like 3 second variance).

Also, I never had done the push or the row before, so i did an online training session w/Mark and that was very very helpful.

Hope I can keep it up on through

Last edited:
The hope so workout to begin January 1st.

WORKOUT A

PUSH
, Advanced 20kgs. HINGE, Novice 24kg. super-set. 2 minutes rest or talk test which ever come first. *double military press *two handed swing

Rest 5 minutes in between.

SQUAT, HINGE Novice 24kg. super-set. 2 minutes rest or talk test which ever comes first *goblet squat,* 2 handed swing

WORKOUT B

SQUAT
, Novice 24kg. PUSH, Advanced 20kgs. super-set. 2 minutes rest or talk test which ever come first. *goblet squat, *push press

Rest 5 minutes in between.

ROW, PUSH Advanced 16kgs. super-set. 2 minutes rest or talk test which ever comes first *two arm rows, *push press

WORKOUT A and WORKOUT B

Week 1
MONDAY A, WEDNESDAY B, FRIDAY A,

Week 2 MONDAY B, WEDNESDAY A, FRIDAY B,

Week 3
MONDAY A, WEDNESDAY B, FRIDAY A,

Continue formatting . . .

Last edited:
Quick question…

If I just did option 1…
Session A -A1/A2
Session B -B1/B2

The next workout will be…
Session A- B1/B2
Session B-A1/A2

Then back to the first? Keeping that ABA format?

Quick question…

If I just did option 1…
Session A -A1/A2
Session B -B1/B2

Session A- B1/B2
Session B-A1/A2

Quick question…

If I just did option 1…
Session A -A1/A2
Session B -B1/B2

Session A- B1/B2
Session B-A1/A2

Is there a typo? Is session A one workout for the day? And session B is another full workout?!

Is there a typo? Is session A one workout for the day? And session B is another full workout?!
A "session" is the full workout for one day. A session is broken down into two segments (A and B). Segment A contains two exercises performed as a superset, A1 and A2, done for a fixed amount time. Likewise, Segment B also contains two exercises performed as a superset, B1 and B2. There are two different "workout" templates, Session A and Session B. First day (Monday), you do Session A. Rest a day. Next time (Wednesday), do Session B. Then back to Session A, etc. So, week one is ABA and week two is BAB.

A "session" is the full workout for one day. A session is broken down into two segments (A and B). Segment A contains two exercises performed as a superset, A1 and A2, done for a fixed amount time. Likewise, Segment B also contains two exercises performed as a superset, B1 and B2. There are two different "workout" templates, Session A and Session B. First day (Monday), you do Session A. Rest a day. Next time (Wednesday), do Session B. Then back to Session A, etc. So, week one is ABA and week two is BAB.
Thank you! I must of read it 20 times and the workout examples didn’t line up with it

Back
Top Bottom