ICT Week 2 Day 2
COS Shoulder Activation
A1. 24kg 18/18/18/18/18/18/18
A2. 24kgx2
7 series
B1. 20kg 12/14/14/14/14/14
B2. 26kgx2
6 series

Feeling my body adapting and advancing... Getting more work into the same time without that much increase in effort.

Screenshot_20231228-093532.png

Last edited:
I managed to buy the program and going to run it from next week.

However I'm considering bell choice for OAMP - I have two options:
24kg which is my 13RM
28kg which is my 6RM

I think about taking a heavier bell and going with 2, 3 and 4 reps per set for each phase. I could go with 24kg and stick to the reps/set prescribed by Geoff but for me currently it's lighter than recommended 10RM and that was my working weight for OAMP for almost a year now in different programs and honestly I thrive for a bell weight increase.

What is your opinion on that?

Holidays messed up my schedule. I traveled with a single 24k but took advantage of free child care and went for longer (for me lately) runs with the wife. We did a couple of 6 milers and an 8ish miler and skipped the scheduled workouts. Yesterday i started catching up on week two and did B day(option 1) with a single 24k. Got six rounds each.

Today i decided to skip the rest day (i know) and do another single bell session (A day) to continue to catch up. Ran everything but snatches (20k) with the 24k. I will take a rest day tomorrow and resume the doubles work on Sunday. By skipping todays rest day and taking one of the two back to back rest days out next week will have me back on a m,w,f schedule by week 4. I figured the reduced stress of a single bell should account for additional recovery.

24kg which is my 13RM
28kg which is my 6RM

I think about taking a heavier bell and going with 2, 3 and 4 reps per set for each phase. I could go with 24kg and stick to the reps/set prescribed by Geoff but for me currently it's lighter than recommended 10RM and that was my working weight for OAMP for almost a year now in different programs and honestly I thrive for a bell weight increase.

What is your opinion on that?
Do the lighter weight....13rm is totally acceptable... The 6rm could cause you trouble when fatigued, and you will be definitely be fatigued picking up the strength bells.

@musicsherlock , yes I set a timer and just went at a steady pace

I tried the 16 kg first.
That didn't seem to move the needle .
So, I tried again after a plentiful rest with the 24 kg for each of the conditioning movements.

It was difficult but there wasn't any burn to speak of. So, that'll do.

24kg which is my 13RM
28kg which is my 6RM

What is your opinion on t
4 weeks into this: IMO you can go heavier on the strength movements, but the timed ballistics are challenging. I'd start lighter and evaluate after a full week or two.

4 weeks into this: IMO you can go heavier on the strength movements, but the timed ballistics are challenging. I'd start lighter and evaluate after a full week or two.
How do you like it so far? What, if any, adaptations/changes have you noticed 1/3 of the way through?

How do you like it so far? What, if any, adaptations/changes have you noticed 1/3 of the way through?
I'm enjoying it.

The conditioning work with swings has moved from impossible to finish a segment - to doable. I don't clock-watch except for the overall numbers and to keep under the between-set rests. I know how many of each I can do in 30 seconds, so that's smoother now.

I don't know Geoff's intent, but I feel like the first 1/3 is to get you in shape to do the next 2/3. The strength rep increase is marginal in each 1/3 - but the conditioning... I'm kinda terrified of next week's first day.

My weight hasn't changed really. But I think that happens more later.

I feel "thicker" in my upper body. I feel really good overall.

Rows and Push Presses are new to me, and although they are not complicated movements- they still require proper form, and I'm still learning to get them perfect.

Did some pre program testing today. I hate testing myself!
30 seconds of swings is more than I’m used to, should be interesting.
Having been mainly following Geoff’s Giant program for a few months, double front squats was a surprise with 2x24kgs.
Coming together nicely.

KB ICT W2D3
Option one B block
Back to doubles after traveling with a single 24k (big difference).

A1 advanced/24ks
A2 advanced 16/20ks
6 rounds

B1 advanced 24ks
B2 advanced 16/20ks
5 rounds

I feel like this is the tougher day of the two but it also has more double work and more novel exercises. I have never really done a dedicated training of pp and renegade rows are brand new. I’m enjoying everything about it. I feel that my upper body is getting a good pump.

Last edited:
F
KB ICT W2D3
Option one B block
Back to doubles after traveling with a single 24k (big difference).

A1 advanced/24ks
A2 advanced 16/20ks
6 rounds

B1 advanced 24ks
B2 advanced 16/20ks

I feel like this is the tougher day of the two but it also has more double work and more novel exercises. I have never really done a dedicated training of pp and renegade tows are brand new. I’m enjoying everything about it. I feel that my upper body is getting a good pump.
Agreed, the last rep of FS in the last two series fell out of the rack on B day. Of course I made them up.

Thank you guys for your opinions. I'll give it a try with 28kg at first session, if I'll find it too hard I'll go with lighter bell.

BTW I'll add my experience on how to measure 30 second work intervals and total rounds - I use free smartphone app that allows to create customised workout timers. Timer for ICT would be: 2 rounds, each round is 30 30 seconds sets, no rest between sets, 5 minutes rest between rounds. It beeps at the beginning and in the middle of each set so I can simply run the workout and use 15 seconds intervals for conditioning work without need to count reps and have whole 35 minutes workout tracked. I hope some of you might find this helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpeg
    IMG_0704.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 17
Starting ICT tomorrow, looking forward to it. Took this week as a deload week, was a little under the weather anyway so i took it easy and did some testing. I’m running Option B advanced, will see how my chosen weights go for the first week and then will report back. Good to hear the perspective from those who’re already a few weeks in.

Back
Top Bottom