all posts post new thread

Barbell Knee Sleeves vs. Knee Wraps - observations/preference?

I only use sleeves and wraps for squats and TGUs.

Sleeves- everyday squats, TGUs
Wraps- when squats get heavy (1RM)

I don't have knee wraps but in a session like today (squat first, then power snatch, power clean, press) I can see how they might be more convenient than sleeves. I ended up taking shoes off, knee sleeves off, then shoes back on in order to move from squats to power snatch.
Yeah, I agree w. you. I guess you can just pull the sleeves down and leave them on your ankles when you don't want to wear them (but don't want to completely take them off) - that would drive me nuts but I see people doing it.

Yeah, I agree w. you. I guess you can just pull the sleeves down and leave them on your ankles when you don't want to wear them (but don't want to completely take them off) - that would drive me nuts but I see people doing it.
Yeah that works sometimes, if brief or if the sleeves are light. I have 3 sets of knee sleeves -- light, medium (Rogue, 5mm), and heavy (SBD, 7mm). The last 2 just need to come off when not in use. Lately I've been using the Rogues.

And I could try the knee wraps... It's always interesting to me that some weightlifters wrap the knees for every platform attempt and unwrap after each attempt. That's a lot of wrapping/unwrapping, but may be worth it for those top level competitions.

Back
Top Bottom