all posts post new thread

Lady Strong!

Today's practice:

- foam rolling, Super-Joints
- "Escape" program
- one hand swings, 10x10: 20kg
- full get-ups: 2x20kg
- get-ups to the top and than actively pulling down the bell to the rack position: 3x24kg

I am slowly getting used to 24kg.

Saturday's practice:

- presses, light day: (1-2-3)x5, singles and doubles with 18, triples with 16kg
- pull ups: (1-2)x6, total = 18
- pistols practice

Sunday's rest day:

- foam rolling
- "Escape" program
- stretching for side splits

Today's practice:

- presses, medium day: (1-2-3)x8, singles and doubles with 18kg, triples with 16kg
- chin-ups/pull-ups: (1-2)x7
- pistols practice

From today my medium day will stay on 8 ladders, on heavy day I will work progresively to 12 ladders. However presses are doing fine, I reduced other activities to have time for recovery. The next 4 weeks I want to stay focused and give everything to it.

Tomorrow I will be traveling all day long, so I did my tomorrow's training today. It's not a prefect solution, but it's still better to do your training than not to do.

Today's session:

- presses: (1-2-3)x9, singles and doubles with 18kg, triples with 16kg
- chin-ups: (1-2)x7 = 21 reps
- (arm bar, bent arm-bar, Brettzel, QL stretch)x3

I couldn't do a single pistol today = I have a really sore thighs from pressing hard (I will do them tomorrow at 6am, in breaks between drinking my morning Pu-Erh).

I added 2 ladders for presses this week (on medium and on a hard day), I am happy with progress.

During weekend I had only 16kg with me, but I trained outside (first time this year), so I cannot complained.

Friday's practice:

- (windmills, SLDLs, GSQs): 3x5 with 16kg
- one hand swings: 10x10, 16kg
- get-ups x5, 16kg

Saturday:

- Super-Joints
- presses, light day: (1-2-3)x5, 16kg
- chin-ups: (1-2-3)x3 = 18 reps
- pistols

2017_5_workshop_kreativniportret_doupravy_plet.jpg

Today - back in Prague:

- Super-Joints
- (arm-bar, bent-arm bar, Brettzel) x3
- presses, medium day: (1-2-3)x8, singles and doubles with 18, the rest with 16kg
- pull-ups: (1-2-3)x4 = 24 reps
- pistols practice

Today's practice:

- foam rolling
- (arm-bar, bent-arm bar, Brettzel)x3
- get-ups: 5x20kg
- loaded clean: 3x5 (alternated with get-ups)

I am sore today. Tomorrow is my rest day, I am looking forward to it.

@taedoju, yes I am happy with it and I can definitely recommend it!

I realized few months ago that the more I train (= more often and with heavier weights), the more I need the other side as well = mobility work and restorative exercise (like get-ups, windmills, etc.). Like everything in life - it's about balance.

"Escape Your Fighting Stance" is easy to remember, it's fast (it takes you about 30 minutes to accomplish) and it works! You feel better after it.

This program helped a lot of my students - whenever they feel "tight and tired", are in huge stress at work, or have a longer break form training, this program is a good choice.

@taedoju, yes I am happy with it and I can definitely recommend it!

I realized few months ago that the more I train (= more often and with heavier weights), the more I need the other side as well = mobility work and restorative exercise (like get-ups, windmills, etc.). Like everything in life - it's about balance.

"Escape Your Fighting Stance" is easy to remember, it's fast (it takes you about 30 minutes to accomplish) and it works! You feel better after it.

This program helped a lot of my students - whenever they feel "tight and tired", are in huge stress at work, or have a longer break form training, this program is a good choice.
Thank you !

Thursday and Wednesday I went through fasting (36 hours of drinking only water,) and today I had heavy day on presses:

- Super-Joints
- presses, heavy day: (1-2-3)x10, singles and doubles with 18kg, triples with 16kg
- pull-ups/ chin-ups: (1-2-3)x5 = 30 reps
- pistol practice
- "Escape Your Fighting Stance"

That was a solid training. I am going to reward myself with massage.

Friday:

- Super-Joints
- (halo, arm-bar, bent-arm bar, Brettzel)x3
- (windmills, SLDL, goblet squat): 3x5 with 16kg
- one hand swings: 10x10, 20kg
- get-ups: 20,20,24,24,24

Saturday:

- Super-Joints and foam rolling
- (halo, arm-bar, bent-arm bar, Brettzel, cossack, tactical frog )x3
- presses, light day: (1-2-3)x5, singles and doubles with 18kg, triples with 16kg
- assisted pull-ups: 5x5
- pistols practice
- stretching for side splits (that was perfect yesterday!)

Being honest - I would prefer to have weekend free of training. I feel that I need deload in the near future.

P.S.: I am proud of myself - 100th training session this year behind me!

Today's practice:

- Super-Joints and foam rolling
- presses, medium day: (1-2-3)x8, singles and doubles with 18kg, triples with 16kg
- pull ups: (1-2)x5 = 15 reps
- pistols practice
- "Escape Your Fighting Stance".

My attitude to training is much better today. 8 weeks of pressing in the row behind me, I am telling myself - just keep going, you can do it!

Today's practice:

- one hand swings, 10x10: 20,24,20,20,20
- get-ups: 20,20,24,24,24
- loaded cleans with 22kg - few reps

And tomorrow - rest day!

I won't be lying to you - I was sore as hell yesterday. However today I was able to do my heavy press day. Rest days are really needed!

Today's practice (in the morning, 2hours total):

- Original Strength
- presses, heavy day: (1-2-3)x11, singles and doubles with 18, triples with 16kg

Afternoon (1hour):

- pull-ups/chin-ups: (1-2-3)x4 = 24reps
- pistol practice
- "Escape Your Fighting Stance"

Today's practice:

- full get-ups: 16,20,24,24
- get-ups to the top and pulling it down to the rack position: 2x24kg
- loaded cleans with 24kg

Today's training went light & smooth. 24kg seems like 16kg. However, I decided to spare some energy for tomorrow.

Today I did only my presses in the morning:

- light day: 5 ladders of 1-2-3, singles and doubles with 18, triples with 16kg.

I had planned to do the rest in the evening, however I have been teaching SFL Barbell prep workshop all day, so I decided to skip my pull-ups and pistols. Not because I am lazy, but because showing (only) set-ups is sometimes more demanding than actual training :)

Time for rest and free Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom