all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

I figured you would get a kick put of that one. Was right at Fullerton on the lake front path.
Today’s practice: 12/24/21
ROP heavy day; 4x(1,2,3,4), 1x(1,2,3), now things are getting serious…
Had some pretty good success applying previous suggestions. I think i externally rotate my right shoulder more before the press and the drop. Internally rotating it more (gs style rack?) allowed me to at least lessen the shoulder raise. Was trying to keep my arm pinned down as well. Had to quit doing pull-ups halfway through, the hand flexor muscles were getting strained. Good stuff overall! Merry Christmas to all!
4th ladder L
4th Ladder R
This one actually felt better than it looked, still improvement i say.
Larry, the links both go to the left side presses. Good improvement!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Yesterday’s practice12/25/21
Chill Christmas mobility and stretching, plus some walks through a little park and creek with the fam.
Today’s practice: 12/26/21
ROP light day; 5x (1,2), pull-ups to go with em’.
10x10 1hs finisher. Focusing on keeping my shoulder packed but relaxed. Not a lot of success, but actually thinkni got it a bit in the last set. Took brets advice and used the 20k and just let her float.
1hsr
Family bike ride to the park in the afternoon to get out and enjoy the weather.

Today’s practice: 12/28/21
ROP medium day; 5x (1,2,3) c&p with some single pull-ups to go with em’. Everything felt/looked pretty good. Still getting used to the new internally rotated rack, even lost a little stability in one of the videos. I feel surprisingly fresh and have no DOMS from yesterday’s ride. KB maintenance has kept me fairly respectful aerobically and my legs as well.
4th ladder R
4th ladder L

Yeah. The drop looks less yanky, the top has a lot of tug to it compared to the right side, which to me says too much pull, not enough transfer through the hips. Have you practiced much with a straight pull, no backswing?
a little, I’ll work on it. So far just being aware of things and working on it from there has been working out. Do some drills on off days.

Today’s practice: 12/29/21
Off day training, at home with the kids so did a TGU ladder with all of my bells; so 1/1 with 16k, 20k, 24k, 32k, and 40k. To be honest, that 40k has been staring me down from the corner, kinda been itching to lift it. Walked to the park with my kids and brought my jumprope to play with. Messed around with some dbl swings, cleans, and squats later in the day.
F392920F-93BC-4E8E-B0FE-093B7434EDCF.jpeg

That 40k bell is heavy in a getup, pretty good for not training them regularly.
Thanks! It was definitely good to build up to it. I almost didn’t go for it after feeling the 32, but I actually felt pretty darn good on both sides. Made a point to be slow and in control.

Today’s practice:12/30/21
ROP heavy day; 5x(1,2,3,4) c&p with a single pull up to go with each rung. Felt pretty good and strong throughout, compressed time down to meet a time crunch too. Family chriatmas light walk with the family in the evening.

Today’s practice: 12/31/21
Just had to get one in…not gonna lie @blutsj post today got me going a bit. Started out with some dbl (16x16) swings 6x10. Then took a family walk and played outside with the neighbors for a bit. In the afternoon i got in another quick session. Was mostly just playing around with the dbl movements but eventually fell into a bit of a complex a la bret jones strength aerobics (now iron cardio); went dbl swing, cln, cln&press, cln&sq, snatch, cln&jerk. Would shake it out and repeat, no idea how many i did. Prolly 10 or fewer. Got some new plates for my adjustable and i can now get it up to 40#. I plan on getting more from a play it again sports and get it up to a 24k.

Today’s practice: 12/31/21
Just had to get one in…not gonna lie @blutsj post today got me going a bit. Started out with some dbl (16x16) swings 6x10. Then took a family walk and played outside with the neighbors for a bit. In the afternoon i got in another quick session in the afterNoon. Was mostly just playing around with the dbl movements but eventually fell into a bit of a complex a la bret jones strength aerobics (now iron cardio); went dbl swing, cln, cln&press, cln&sq, snatch, cln&jerk. Would shake it out and repeat, no idea how many i did. Prolly 10 or fewer. Got some new plates for my adjustable and i can now get it up to 40#. I plan on getting more from a play it again sports and get it up to a 24k.
Glad I could motivate you with my routine to get you moving

Thanks, but you motivated me too by doing some more presses. ROP but than only presses instead of C&P
Nice! You and bret have made me respect the lightweights more too. I was thinking about it today swinging the 16’s. If you focus on form and tension it always provides a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom