all posts post new thread

Larry’s Logs

1/29/24
Another run, forgot my watch so idk how far. Another 3.5? Just out there trottin with the coyotes tryin to get back into the groove. I have a half marathon in march that i do every year and deciding whether or not to do starved rock marathon with my wife.
IMG_2099.png
One of our last varsity bball games tonight too.

Last edited:
1/31/24
Swings with the 40k, trying to ramp up with this as i want to get timed solid with my next training block.
Did around 88NR swings following something like;
10 2hs, 4L, 4R, 102Hs, 4L, 4R repeat till i hit 88 reps or so.

Tried some getups after with it and was not feeing it so just did a few partial reps.

2/1/24
KB ICT B day, option 1

DFS x5 24ks
:45 Dpp 16/20k
2:00 break
Repeat x5

5:00 break

Renegade row 24k’s x10
:45 jerks 16/20k
2:00 break
Repeat x5

12/5/24
Bball practice

12/6/23
KB ICT
W8D1

Punched the clock got it done. This is unfortunately going to be my last session with this program. I’ve got a half marathon in 5 weeks and this program isn't leaving me with much to work with. It’s a tough program and i am happily leaving it, bit that’s also what makes it so hard to walk away from. Oh well, i did a poor job macro planning get er done another day. Also leaving for Arizona on Tuesday next week so this alleviates all of that fuss.
12/7/24
Little biking
Bball practice

12/8/24

Reverse timeless simple:
5/5 tgu @32k
5/5 1hs x10

First session felt pretty good. Get ups felt heavy at first but strong at the end. Everything was pretty nice and easy. Going to feel this out for a bit and start mixing in the 40k.

So for strength i will be moving on to SnS programming. My run training will be based mostly off of feel. Maybe i’ll pick my wife’s brain about it too.

@offwidth, what would you do with 5 weeks to prep for a half marathon? I of course have a good base, race is flat/road.

12/5/24
Bball practice

12/6/23
KB ICT
W8D1

Punched the clock got it done. This is unfortunately going to be my last session with this program. I’ve got a half marathon in 5 weeks and this program isn't leaving me with much to work with. It’s a tough program and i am happily leaving it, bit that’s also what makes it so hard to walk away from. Oh well, i did a poor job macro planning get er done another day. Also leaving for Arizona on Tuesday next week so this alleviates all of that fuss.
12/7/24
Little biking
Bball practice

12/8/24

Reverse timeless simple:
5/5 tgu @32k
5/5 1hs x10

First session felt pretty good. Get ups felt heavy at first but strong at the end. Everything was pretty nice and easy. Going to feel this out for a bit and start mixing in the 40k.

So for strength i will be moving on to SnS programming. My run training will be based mostly off of feel. Maybe i’ll pick my wife’s brain about it too.

@offwidth, what would you do with 5 weeks to prep for a half marathon? I of course have a good base, race is flat/road.
I would start about 13 weeks ago…

Seriously if it were me… I probably wouldn’t.

Wife keeps nagging me that i haven't been running enough.
This^

I’m assuming you want to finish well.
Start logging some more miles. I wouldn’t worry too much about Z2, because it’s too late for that, and presumably you have a decent base anyway.

While I am not in great running form
^ Work on some easy stride sessions. I say easy, but you know what I mean. Don’t get hurt trying to make up for lost time. Get some quality Z3-Z4 sessions in.

Enjoy your time in AZ…

Lol, ya I don't disagree, but I’ve successfully done a few longer runs and need to just get more consistent.
Work on some easy stride sessions. I say easy, but you know what I mean. Don’t get hurt trying to make up for lost time. Get some quality Z3-Z4 sessions in.
This was my inclination as well.

12/9
Around 16 miles of cycling/commuting.

Cancelled bball game so we went to a friends house. He’s a boxer and gave me and the boy a little lesson.

12/10
Early morning run with the dog. Watch was dead (can’t find the charger….) so not sure of the stats, maybe 5 miles? Tried picking up the pace/strides.

Bball practice
Outdoor play
Soccer practice

Alright…the long awaited return! Wasn’t following a specific program and kinda fell off the posting after i sprained my ankle and went on a hiking trip anyways. Hiking in AZ was beautiful, loved it! Been doing a bit of running and got on a calisthenics kick for a few weeks. Then i started following Aleks Salkins “99 bodyweight and kettlebell workouts”. Just knocking them down one at a time. The variety is really fun but follows the basic push, pull, hinge/squat fundamentals. Today’s consisted of:
5 rounds of
5 dbl kb push presses
5 dbl kb rows
10 dbl swings
All at 32/28k.
Finished off with an extra 5x5 pullups.
Hope everyone is well, will try to catch up on y’alls logs!

Last edited:
Already forgot to post yesterday…
Quick jumprope HIIT workout paired with crawling. Full day of tutoring (im a tutor at my kids school now, a lot of moving pieces but i’m playing the long game to become the PE teacher next year), coaching and bball banquet.

“Animal” locomotor skills with my PK crew!

Update on my personal life; my kids changed schools this year and I have been trying to get my foot in the door there because word on the street is that their primary school pe teacher will not be returning. So for the meantime i have been doing small group tutoring sessions for math and reading. Now the AD is leaving and the upper grades pe teacher will be taking that role leaving me with options of roles to fill. I’m also helping out at a local school doing some PE classes a few times a week. I miss teaching more PE bit this has been a good gig for the time being. Excited for the future!

Workout for today was done at my sons indoor soccer practice where they have one nice turf field with pull up bars. Luckily my next workout from aleks salkins book was all body weight.

Workout #15
A1) one-leg rock – 10 per leg
A2) Slow heavy pistol negative with your 3 rep max weight (down only!)
A3) 3-5 full pistol squats – 4 seconds down, up fast
B1) Backward crawling – 20 paces
B2) One-arm/one-leg pushup negative on a low elevation (hold the
bottom position for 3-5 seconds)
B3) 3-5 elevated one-arm/one-leg pushups on a higher elevation C1) Elevated roll – 3 per side
C2) Heavy weighted pullup negative with your 3 rep max weight
(down only!)
C3) 3-5 pullups (with lighter weight or bodyweight only)
X 2 rounds

Used my middle daughter as my weight for loaded pistols and chin negatives (about 23k). My left side for pistols is lacking serious mobility and stability. Which is discouraging, but i have not been training them as of late. Might want to focus on these more. As well as the oaolpu regressions. I also used three fingers from the non working arm, which is not necessary for my oapu. Fun session and I always enjoy putting the other parents to shame, lol.

Back
Top Bottom