all posts post new thread

Lee's Training Log: SFG1 Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Today's session:
C&P 3x1,2 28kg
Pull ups 3x1,2

Notes: Just finding my groove again after a while of not doing C&P. Is it wrong that it's strange not putting OAS or TGU on the log? I guess it's become a habit!

I usually have Sundays off so I'm going to have that as my heavy days and then work from there.

Pull ups will be at Bodyweight as I've got a free standing bar which is sturdy, but I don't want to test its max!

It feels very strange today and writing this... I'm looking forward to ROP, yet I'm going to miss the daily swings and get ups. However I know that I'll be back on it at some point to hit Sinister, hopefully after the half Bodyweight C&P and 200 snatches with 24kg in 10mins. I'll keep with it on variety days!

That's the end of today's ramblings! Have a strong day everyone!

Looking forward to your ROP journey. So Wdnesday will be L, Friday M, and Sunday H?
Yes that's my plan, I figured that as the ladders get higher it'll be easier to get a long session in on Sundays, even if I work it's a shorter day. And then Tuesday and Thursday are free for variety days.

Today's session:

Heavy day

C&P 3 x 1,2,3 28kg
Pull Ups 3 x 1,2,3 BW
Swings 32kg x 114/7mins

Notes: First workout of ROP, felt good to be pressing again! Groove felt good on presses! I probably could have done more swings but went off with too many reps too early, 40 in a row in my eagerness! I'll split the reps up next heavy day!

are you doing these 1h or 2h?

and WOW! your doing ROP with the 28kg:eek::eek::eek:!!!!! you are straight up awesome man!
Thank you!

I'm doing the swings 1 handed and switching hands halfway through. So my first set was 20l/20r brief rest 10l/10r and so on...

Thank you for your kind words, I credit pressing the 28kg to doing past work with ROP, but I didn't have the base that I do now. I rushed instead of following the the path laid out. It took re reading Dan John's article "things are going so well, help me screw it up" to understand the order of learning. That's when I began using S&S and working up to simple, I'm so grateful for the articles and gems on this site. And the camaraderie on this site to help along the way!

Today's session:

Variety day

Goblet Squat 3x5 32kg
TGU 5x1 36kg

I did a self assessment from athletic body in balance. I've got some work to do lol. So my biggest imbalance was the seated rotation between left and right. So I'm going to focus on side lying rotation drills for the time being.

Have a strong day everyone!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom