all posts post new thread

Less is More

Spoiler alert
I hate spoilers! I bet you are one of those "people" that talk during the movie too.

it's going to feel insanely hard at first and you might think you have a discouragingly long way to go. But it gets better AMAZINGLY fast, even from one session to the next, when you have done the base strength and aerobic work (as you certainly have).
Thanks Anna. I'm counting on having to 'embrace the suck', especially since before A+A my only exposure to cardio was me saying "I'm allergic to cardio". I wish my skin would of got tough faster so I would have more time with the 32k. Also wish I would of started running, but old man winter decided to stick around and spit ice and snow instead.

You know what they say about wishes:
If wishes were horses then beggars would ride,
If turnips were swords I’d have one by my side.
If ‘ifs’ and ‘ands’ were pots and pans
There would be no need for tinker’s hands!

A+A has delivered beyond my expectations; I'm confident heading into the glycoltic work. Just need this skin to heal up! I'm keeping it covered with a band-aid and neosporin, and still using the gold bond healing hand cream.

SFG1: 47 days out

Warmups
Lots of mobility​

Locomotion
Rucked at hour 23 of a 24 hour fast
20#
65 minutes
Weight & Distance Record
This went better than anticipated; I've never done this kind of work this late into a fast. It appears as if the longer locomotion work is enhanced by fasting. While my energy started out slightly lower than normal, it held even from beginning to end. I sweat more too; I could of went without my mid layer jacket. My shoulders and upper back were tired afterwards, as were my feet.

SFG1: 45 days out

The Snatch
10k x 5r x 2s
24k x 5r x 20s
Interval 1:30
I am grateful! A short time ago this would have been a milestone session.
Now it's a mild session I use while my skin gets back to 100%.

Locomotion
None; the locomotion session at the end of the fast Sunday was stellar. Going to fast after dinner tonight, then hit a ruck tomorrow evening around the 23 hour mark again.​

Last edited:
Today's training

Before work
- Somatic exercises
- Ankle/toe mobility
- Gob sq/halo
Going to try to get this in every day. Makes me feel great as I head out the door.

At work, fast hour 18
- 25 minute walk
Felt great after this
Very tired; rough workday yesterday. Might not get in a long evening locomotion session.

SFG1: 41 days

The Snatch
10k x 5r x 2s
24k x 5r x 2s
32k x 5r x 20s
Interval 2:15
This roughed up my hands...don't think I tore any skin, just maybe peeled off a layer of palm callous. Will know in a day or two.
Learning: Pausing a moment in the top mindfully sets up the next rep beautifully and aids with moving the body out of the way on the drop. Perhaps 40% of these reps felt VERY good. The rest merely felt good.
Locomotion
None - planning on a longer ruck end-of-fast tomorrow again.
I am grateful for this session! With everything that went on at work (more layoffs) this week, I was pleased to summon the mental fortitude to train. I missed the axe this time, but the results will make things much tougher for me.

SFG1: 40 days

Warm ups
Somatic exercises
Toe and ankle mobility
Rib pull/brettzel/childs pose rotations
Arm bar/crooked arm bar
Downward dog​

Locomotion
Walk at hour 21 of fast
65 minutes
Cool down: OS rocks/side to side rocks
My upper glutes, lower abs, and lats were sore and stiff today. So I downgraded my ruck for a walk. I'll see about getting the ruck tomorrow. Beautiful weather, almost 60 degrees, no wind, and tons of sun.

SFG1: 39 days

Locomotion
Ruck
30#
55 minutes
It was WINDY this evening! The cold wind nearly blew me over several times, despite walking with an extra 30#'s of weight. Despite the wind, this was the best locomotion session I've had in a while. Breathing was even and unlabored. Stride was strong and measured. Posture was tall and proud. I must finally be aerobically adapting.

I may need yet another size bigger boot; my big toes were rubbing. I must of spent more money this year in buying bigger foot wear than I have the previous 3 years combined.

Yeah, some of my favorite shoes are getting smaller as well. Damn kettlebell feet....:D:eek::D

Last night was very windy, glad you didn't get blown to Iowa.....:D:D:D

I may need yet another size bigger boot; my big toes were rubbing. I must of spent more money this year in buying bigger foot wear than I have the previous 3 years combined.

SFG1: 36 days

The Snatch
10k x 5r x 2s
16k x 5r x 2s
32k x 5r x 20s
Interval 2:15
Hands got hot by the end, but it was manageable. No callous tears, but they did sorta disintegrate; I'll have lots of sanding to do over the next few days. Focus on nailing the bio-mechanical match of hips and breathing. Despite heavy fatigue from work, I recovered faster between repeats this session. Also, last time I was very tired at the end. Today, if my hands were in better shape I could have managed more sets.
Big improvement!​

Locomotion
Walk
25 minutes
I was utterly exhausted after work. No idea where I got the energy from for this, but I am ever so grateful!

Last edited:
Nice work! My hands are stills adapting to snatching 32k for volume. Hopefully, I can get 100 reps in one session soon with my hands remaining intact! The hand struggle is real!

SFG1: 32 days

Top Secret Glycolytic Mini-Peak: Day 1

Warm Ups
Somatic exercises, AR ankle & toe stretching, gob sq, halos​

Snatching
A. Lot.
In few sets.
:confused::eek:
Locomotion
Walk.
A little bit.
I was plumb tuckered out after work. Took a 45 minute nap and managed to pull this session outta somewhere somehow. No idea how I managed it.

Ran this at fasting hour 17. I oddly didn't feel like eating.

Warm ups:
Somatic exercises
Gob sq/halos
- Gob sqs wake up my feet/ankles/calves so well.
- Halos help wake up the posture muscles and keep me walking tall​

Locomotion:
Walk
70 minutes
Cold out again! But at least no ice.
I've been grinding up a few twists of himalayan pink salt and dissolving it under my tongue before I train. Best pre-workout supplement I've ever used.

I am postponing my SFG attendance. Dealing with things that have hit me pretty hard. This week's training has been focused on recovery and stress management.

Every day, I'm doing 15-20 minute recovery walks, mobility, buteyko, stretching, and somatic exercises.

Monday I will pick up easy snatching again, and start Mr Read's Stage 1 run/walk program from Run Strong.

Back
Top Bottom