all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Longevity and Ballistics

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
older folks with mobility and locomotion problems, I highly doubt that the majority of them find themselves in that state because they trained too much,,,

Statistics

1) Overall, approximately 1 in 5 (20%) people maintain an exercise program.

2) Around 90% of those who go a weight loss diet, go off he diet in around two weeks.

3) The majority of American do not have a saving plan, they spend it.

As the saying goes...

"Most people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan"

Most individuals live for today, never planning for tomorrow.

The few that do plan, don't follow or execute the plan.

That is one of the primary issues of why many older individual have problems later in life.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the responses. I guess I just don't want to be 70 and wondering why I'm getting my hips and knees replaced. When all along it was from ballistic exercise or unnecessary exercise choices.

It's a legitimate concern. Looking at myself as an example, my biggest problems have been occupational - posture issues over years, or of unknown origin. The body remodels to slowly repair anything caused by most training, with exception of acute injuries. Sedentary people or the overweight are just as at risk as anyone who trains (with additional exception of collision injuries a la impact sports, shots to the head, neck, shoulders).

The surest way to become debilitated in later years is to not maintain muscle mass.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom