all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Meet Report: Lift for Lani 3 April 29, 2023

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

silveraw

Level 9 Valued Member
I always enjoyed reading these and I haven't seen one in a while, so here is my recent meet report!
Lift for Lani is a charity strongman event put on by my gym TNT Gym of Excellence to support Crossroads for Women.
The weights are determined by bodyweight and class. I competed at 239 in the men's open class. There were 33 awesome competitors there ranging from 8 to 65. Including a semi pro who taught me a bunch about strategy and the sport. It was a fun and well-put-together event. It did move surprisingly quick though. I wasn't recovered from the first event by the time the second one started!
It consisted of five events

A wheelbarrow load and push with two kegs (140lbs, and 170lbs) and a sandbag (175lbs)

A overhead medley of circus dumbbell (110lbs), axle clean and press (180lbs), and log clean and press(180lbs)

A truck pull of 50' for time (Ford F150 plus trailer)

A deadlift medley consisting of a dinnie replicas (480lbs), farmer pick(420lbs) , and wagon wheel deadlift (supposed to be 540, but I think they misloaded to 560lbs).

A stone run of descending height and ascending weights. (180lbs, 200lbs, 240lbs)

The weights are determined by bodyweight and class. I competed at 239 in the men's open class and managed to place 9th out of 10 and had no zero events!

Lessons Learned:
I made some mistakes that cost me a bunch of points in the first event. I put on sunscreen right before it and forgot to grab chalk before starting, so I had 3 wheelbarrow drops that would have been easily avoided. I also didn't pick the sandbag properly and ended up repicking which cost me a bunch of time and energy that hurt me later on in what was supposed to be my best event (press medley). I ended up finishing the keg load less than a second behind the next two times faster than me and quite a bit longer than it took me during training that event. A chalk bag is in the future for me so I'm not relying on being able to run in and grab the community chalk.

Wrap up:
All in all it was a great event and I achieved my goal of no zeros. I'm very happy with my performance and am looking forward to the next contest.

Also some video of my performances... Warning the keg load is a bit hard to watch. My shins are fine and I didn't realize that happened until my wife started asking me about it.

I always enjoyed reading these and I haven't seen one in a while, so here is my recent meet report!
Lift for Lani is a charity strongman event put on by my gym TNT Gym of Excellence to support Crossroads for Women.
The weights are determined by bodyweight and class. I competed at 239 in the men's open class. There were 33 awesome competitors there ranging from 8 to 65. Including a semi pro who taught me a bunch about strategy and the sport. It was a fun and well-put-together event. It did move surprisingly quick though. I wasn't recovered from the first event by the time the second one started!
It consisted of five events

A wheelbarrow load and push with two kegs (140lbs, and 170lbs) and a sandbag (175lbs)

A overhead medley of circus dumbbell (110lbs), axle clean and press (180lbs), and log clean and press(180lbs)

A truck pull of 50' for time (Ford F150 plus trailer)

A deadlift medley consisting of a dinnie replicas (480lbs), farmer pick(420lbs) , and wagon wheel deadlift (supposed to be 540, but I think they misloaded to 560lbs).

A stone run of descending height and ascending weights. (180lbs, 200lbs, 240lbs)

The weights are determined by bodyweight and class. I competed at 239 in the men's open class and managed to place 9th out of 10 and had no zero events!

Lessons Learned:
I made some mistakes that cost me a bunch of points in the first event. I put on sunscreen right before it and forgot to grab chalk before starting, so I had 3 wheelbarrow drops that would have been easily avoided. I also didn't pick the sandbag properly and ended up repicking which cost me a bunch of time and energy that hurt me later on in what was supposed to be my best event (press medley). I ended up finishing the keg load less than a second behind the next two times faster than me and quite a bit longer than it took me during training that event. A chalk bag is in the future for me so I'm not relying on being able to run in and grab the community chalk.

Wrap up:
All in all it was a great event and I achieved my goal of no zeros. I'm very happy with my performance and am looking forward to the next contest.

Also some video of my performances... Warning the keg load is a bit hard to watch. My shins are fine and I didn't realize that happened until my wife started asking me about it.

Nice work.

Back
Top Bottom