all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Movies portraying fitness?

steve-in-kville

Level 5 Valued Member
Kind of a fun thread. Some coworkers and I were talking about movies and documentaries regarding fitness, be it based on a true story, comedy or a straight documentary. I have a handful or ultrarunning, ultracycling and climbing DVD's I've obtained over the years. Have seen Pumping Iron a few times. Pain & Gain still makes me laugh, even though based on a true story. I've watched a few ruck challenges on YouTube.

Name your favorites.

While I have never been a part of Crossfit nor do I anticipate ever doing it based upon the feedback that I have heard, I've enjoyed watching the Crossfit Games on youtube. You can't deny that there are some incredible athletes there.

I love Strongman competitions with the big Atlas Stones, etc.
Not sure about entire movies, but there are a couple scenes like:
-Ralph Fiennes bench pressing with panty hose over his head in Red Dragon.
-Bruce Willis bench pressing in Unbreakable.

Funny scene from an episode of Always Sunny in Philladelphia.
Frank is training D in the gym showing her how to barbell squat.
Says something like, "take all the weight on your neck, hyperextend your knees, " etc.

Personally, all the Ip Man movies, and if you prefer more muscles and less story - go Undisputed. Perfect for rice bucket/stretching. EDIT: Just saw you asked for documentary - Ip Man is based on reality, Undisputed is (I hope) pure fiction. Recommend nonetheless:)

Back
Top Bottom