all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Movies portraying fitness?

Not a movie but History of the Worlds Strongest Man was such a fun show. I really wished it had gotten more than one season a decade ago lol. The feats of strength were cool but also the personalities of all four worked really well in the format IMO.

My loving wife bought me a DVD called “Strongman” which I think she thought was similar but it was actually about an aging circus style (not WSM) strongman and his struggle to stay afloat while dealing with the toxic relationship he had with his longterm girlfriend and his meth addled family. It was also good, just not what either of us were expecting at all.

In Edge of Tomorrow it was cool to see the lead actress practicing an elbow lever.

In Avengers 2 I liked seeing Captain America split logs. Who needs an axe when fingertip and thumb strength is all it takes?

In The Incredibles the main guy was bench pressing a train car unless I confused that with a Superman movie.

Generation Iron, The Creed Movies and The Shotcaller, which features the Navy Seal Burpee.

Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty - benching and smoking doobs in his garage during a midlife crisis. If only we could all be so free.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom